Australian National University (ANU) is giving evidence-based business communication free online course. This course is a graduate-level course that assumes an undergraduate degree level understanding in a non-cognate area.
In this six-week course, applicants will learn how to get effective communication by evaluating evidence to identify and support the best communications strategies for your business. The course will begin on May 3, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 6 weeks
Effort: 8-10 hours per week
Subject: Business & Management
Institution: Australian National University (ANU) and edX
Certificate Available: Yes. Add a Verified Certificate for $
Session: Course will start on May 3, 2017
The Australian National University (ANU) is a celebrated place of intensive research, education and policy engagement. Our research has always been central to everything we do, shaping a holistic learning experience that goes beyond the classroom, giving students access to researchers who are among the best in their fields and to opportunities for development around Australia and the world.
About This Course
There is no shortage of advice on how to communicate, but knowing which advice to pay attention to, and how to apply the right communication strategy to get an given objective, or even to avoid making things worse, is not easy.
Evidence-based business communication aims at evaluating the evidence in support of different communication strategies, and guiding managers to identify the best strategy for different communication objectives. Using the evidence-based management (EBM) framework, this communications course gives learners with the tools to evaluate the quality of their communication efforts.
The communications skills developed in this course are particularly valuable for those interested in pursuing a marketing or communications role, marcomms professionals emerging leaders, established managers, and entrepreneurs.
At the end of the course, students will be able to:
- Determine stakeholder interests and requirements.
- Employ evidence-based decision making to determine appropriate methods of communicating to stakeholders.
Week 1: Interpersonal communication
Week 2: Business writing
Week 3: Presentation skills
Week 4: Rhetoric and persuasion
Week 5: Data visualization
Week 6: Stakeholders and communication
Karen is an Associate Professor in management in the Research School of Management at the Australian National University. She completed her Ph.D. in strategic HRM and organizational change at Texas A&M University.
Students are expected to have completed EBM01x. This course is a graduate-level course that assumes an undergraduate degree level understanding in a non-cognate area.
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- edX offers honour code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghome page and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476