Applicants are requested for DST-CSIR Bursary to pursue Honours, Engineering(BTech), Masters or PhD programme. The bursary is awarded for South African students funded by the CSIR and the Department of Science and Technology (DST).
The purpose of the bursary is to support South African students who want to pursue Honours/ 4th year Engineering/BTech, Masters or PhD programme.
The University of the Western Cape is a public university founded in the Bellville suburb of Cape Town, South Africa. The University of the Western Cape has a history of creative struggle against oppression, discrimination and disadvantage
Course Level: Bursary is awareded to pursue Honours, Undergraduate, Masters or PhD programme.
Study Subject: Bursary is offered in the following fields given below:
Aerospace, Composites, Modelling and Digital Sciences, Microsystems Technology, Titanium (Manufacturing Elements), Photonics, Biotechnology: Biopharming Bioprocessing Biocatalysis.
Scholarship Award: Bursary will cover the following:
- Honours -R60 000
- Masters- R90 000
- PhD- R120 000
Number of Scholarships: Not known
Scholarship can be taken in South Africa
Eligibility: The following requirements must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- The CSIR-DST Inter-Bursary Programme applications are restricted to those students whose degrees are aligned to the research areas and technology streams shown below. Supervisor endorsement and motivation will be required with each bursary application.
- Preference will be given to applicants from previously disadvantaged backgrounds and people living with disabilities.
- Students are needed to submit mid-year progress reports, which are to be signed by the supervisor. At the end of the academic year, students must submit an annual progress report (APR).An official template for the APR will be provided. The purpose is to ensure that stated objectives are met within the stipulated time frames.
Nationality: South African applicants are qualified to apply for the bursary.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants are needed to submit mid-year progress reports.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through email:
- All successful applicants will be informed by email and are expected to accept the allocated funds by signing an Award Letter. The funds will be processed by the CSIR. Details on the process to be followed to enable the transfer of funds will be communicated to the students once the signed Award Letter is received by the CSIR.
- Please complete the Application forms and send the finished (preferably .pdf format) document with any additional attachments by email to: HCD-INTERBURSARY-at-csir.co.za.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 29, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476