With numerous campuses sprawled across several continents, including in locations like Malaysia, Dubai and Perth, Curtin University is a leading purveyor of internationally recognized certifications. She started off her operations in Singapore in 1986, offering a narrow range of educational programs, and then fully blossomed into full flower here when she inaugurated her multi-million dollar Singapore campus.
The $20 million campus development sits in the nerve-center of Singapore, and accommodates her students in an ambient and socially vibrant environment. The institution is run by the Curtin Education Centre, an arm of the Navitas Ltd group.
As a leading international education consortium, Navitas draws from its deep repertoire of world-class expertise in its execution of campus management operations.
Curtin University Singapore offers an assortment of courses ranging from pathway, undergraduate and postgraduate, to English language and foreign tutorship preparatory classes.
Nestled in the heart of one of the world’s most vibrant melting pot, Curtin Singapore University of Technology is poised to raise the socio-cultural consciousness of her students with the use of first-rate educational facilities. The campus is located at Jalan Rajah. The institutional framework of the university incorporates inputs from industry practitioners together with splendid academic instructions. Other campuses of the academic powerhouse are located in Western Australia, Dubai, Bentley (main campus), Kalgoorlie, Sarawak, and Bentley (main campus)
Fees are fixed each year at the discretion of the University Council. Therefore, the going rate at the time of admission may not be the set rate through out the time frame of a program. All fees are expected to be paid before the beginning of each trimester.
The following is a rough estimate of yearly tuition fees for the various programs:
- Average yearly fees for pathway courses: SG$15,400
- Average yearly tuition fees for bachelor programs: SG $32,162
- Average yearly fees for postgraduate programs: SG$30,550
In addition to these, there are a few mandatory non-tuition expenses, including a SG$ 46.01 annual medical insurance fee, a one-time SG$150 administration fee for local students, and a one-time SG$500 administration fee for international students.
Academic performance and English proficiency count as main matrices for assessment of an applicant’s qualification for any of the university’s courses. The standards used to assess an applicant’s qualification vary from country to country. The follow is a breakdown of some of these standards:
- Burmei: At least 5 points from 2 GCE ‘A’ level and 3 GCE ‘O’ Level passes.
- Canada: At least 60% score mark in year 12 in the lead up to the completion of a Provincial High School Diploma.
- China: A National College Entrance Examination score of at least 67% of the maximum aggregate score in various individual subjects.
- Honk Kong: At least 15 points from the five favorite subjects of a KKDSE with a at least grade 4 in English language.
- India: A completion of the Indian School Certificate (ISC) with at least a 60% average grade for the four best subjects.
- Singapore: Completion of GCE ‘A’ level with a minimum of two ‘H2’ level passes.
- Thailand: A completion of a one-year segment of a four year Bachelor degree carried out in any AEI CEP listed Section 1 Higher Education institution.
- United States: A High School Diploma with a minimum total score of 1000 out of 1600 and at least a 3.0 of 4.0 GPA.
Contact the Curtin Singapore for inquires regarding the requirement for admission requirements for other countries not listed above.
1. Pathway Programs:
This program renders students who do not qualify for a direct entry into any of the university’s program with an opportunity to begin their studies here. They include:
- Diploma of Arts and Creative Industries (which leads to a second year B.A in Mass Communication).
- Diploma of Commerce (which leads to a second year of Bachelor of Commerce)
- Undergraduate Courses:
Curtin Singapore offers an assortment of undergraduate courses that are oriented towards real-world industrial experiences. They include:
- Bachelor of Commerce
- Bachelor of Arts, mass Communication
- Bachelor of Science (Nursing) Part time program
- Postgraduate Courses:
Curtin Singapore offers a range of highly relevant postgraduate courses including those in the fields of Business, Humanities and Health Science. They include:
- Master of business Administration
- Master of International Business
- Master of Supply Chain Management
- Graduate Certificate for part time studies of Wound, Ostomy and Continence Practice.
- Graduate Certificate in Project Management
- Master of Science, Project Management
- Study Abroad:
This set of courses is designed for students looking to take up studies in Singapore and earn credits that are applicable to their home degree.
- English Language Programs:
These set of programs are formulated to help prospective student who are yet to meet the minimum English proficiency requirements for any degree at Curtin Singapore. The courses are offered by the Navitas English faculty, and they come with Study Tours, English training for special purposes, and corporate training.
STUDENT LIVING EXPENSES
This primarily depends on the individual student’s lifestyle and interests. But it is advisable for all students to consider their finances primarily in this regard. The minimum budget that may cover a years living expenses is SG$16,000 -$SG 34,000.
|EXPENSES||AMOUNT PER MONTH (SG$)|
LIFE IN CURTIN SINGAPORE
Ranked 24th among the happiest countries in the world in 2015, Singapore is one of the most vibrant and awe-inspiring cosmopolitan cities in the world. This city’s ultra-inspiring energy and melting pot of cultures reflects the quintessence of both Eastern and Western cultures. Curtin Singapore offers the one of the most fascinating socio-cultural setting for students looking to earn world-class certifications.
Singapore offers an impressive array of accommodation options for students, including hotels, government housing, housing developments apartments, condominiums, a private housing, and a number of other worthwhile accommodation alternatives. Students may choose to utilize any of these accommodation options either individually or in a sharing arrangement with other fellow students.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476