About 330 International Research Scholarships will be awarded by the Australian government to international students to participate in a postgraduate research qualifications in the republic of Australia in order to gain valuable experience with leading and expert Australian researchers. These scholarships will cover the following expenses such as tuition, health insurance for scholarship holders, and health cover costs for their dependents.
- Applicants must be international students of any country apart from New Zealand.
- Applicants must meet international student visa requirements as indicated by the Department of Immigration and Citizenship (DIAC), including the requirements to purchase and maintain a standard Overseas Student Health Cover policy as approved by the Commonwealth Government Department of Health and Ageing.
- Applicants must be commencing full-time studies for the first time in a HDR at an approved scholarship provider in Australia.
- They must be undertaking studies in subject areas as indicated by the scholarship provider as one of its concentrations.
- Applicants must not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to an Australian Research Doctorate degree or, if undertaking a Research Master’s degree, should not hold a research qualification regarded by the provider to be equivalent to or higher than an Australian Research Master’s degree
- Must not hold an Australian Agency for International Development (AusAID) scholarship within the two years prior to commencing the IPRS
- Must not receive a scholarship for which course tuition is a component under any other scholarship scheme to which the Australian Government makes a substantial contribution.
Fields of study
Fields of study must be research postgraduate programs available at partner universities.
What the scholarship covers
A round total of 330 scholarships will be available and awarded and shall cover expenses such as tuition fees, health cover costs for scholarship holders, and health cover costs for their dependants.
How to apply
Applications must be submited to participating universities. Please click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
The application deadline for submitting a scholarship application is May-October 2015
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057