Registration is ongoing for the 2018 FIFA World Cup Volunteer competition. This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for candidates from all over the world to be part of organizing of the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ and the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017, contributing massively to the biggest sport festival in the world.
The program has several stages including recruiting, selecting and training the volunteers in the designated 11 Host Cities, and finally organizing their work during the event and appreciating their effort and dedication. In total, there will be around 5,500 volunteers involved in the FIFA Confederations Cup 2017 and 15,000 in the 2018 FIFA World Cup. These volunteers will provide much needed support in the areas of ceremonies, transport, media, protocol, language services, doping control and fan services.
- Everyone, regardless of gender, ethnicity physical ability can apply.
- You stand a higher chance of getting selected if you are at least a second year university/college student when you apply, but a graduate degree (Bachelor’s, Specialist’s, or Master’s) is preferred;
- Candidates ought to be over 18 years-old before they apply. Volunteers wishing to participate at the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup must be at least 18 years old by the 10th of May 2017, and those wishing to volunteer at the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ must be at least 18 years old by the 10th of May 2018;
- Previous volunteering experience will be an additional advantage;
- Candidates with great communication skills, prior experience of cross-cultural communication should apply
- Applicants should possess a strong command of the English language (at least the upper intermediate level). A second foreign language (Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Arabic) can be an added advantage;
- Applicants should have the ability to work hard and be comfortable with taking on additional responsibilities;
- Be a cheerful, dynamic person, living a healthy lifestyle, proficient in foreign languages, and with a wide range of professional skills.
Unique volunteer uniforms;
Free meals during shifts;
Free use of public transport;
A chance to take special training in Russia;
The first step on your way is to register. The form takes about 30 minutes to fill in. You will need your ID and digital photo to upload to complete the form;
Then the selection process of the future volunteers will begin. First of all, the Russia 2018 Local Organising Committee (LOC) team will check the information provided by candidates and decide whether the candidates meet the age criteria;
Then the candidates will be invited to participate in the online tests (to get more information about your analytical skills, personal qualities, and your English). After that, the successful candidates (those who passed the tests) will proceed further to the interview at the relevant volunteer centre. The interviews will be either organised face-to-face or via Skype – for the candidates outside of Russia;
All volunteer candidates for the 2017 FIFA Confederations Cup will be informed of their selection results no later than February 2017, and volunteer candidates for the 2018 FIFA World Cup™ no later than February 2018;
Candidates who have successfully passed the selection process will be invited to the next stage: training. Training sessions will be organised at the 15 World Cup 2018 volunteer centres. All of the future volunteers will be assigned to one of these centres and placed in a training group. The details about the training sessions will be sent to the future volunteers via email;
Upon the successful completion of all the training sessions, participants will be accredited to the World Cup 2018 as volunteers.
Notice: There is no specific deadline. Apply as early as possible
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057