Deadline: Submit applications on or before October 15, 2016
Conference Location:Conference will take place in New Delhi, India.
Date:Starting November 12 – 14, 2016.
The World Youth Conference 2016, themed “Youth for Sustainable Development” is taking place from 12 to 14 November, 2016 in New Delhi, India. The Conference is aimed at producing a joint outcome document between states and youth, called ‘New Delhi Action Plan’.
The Conference will gather 1500 participants, half of them young people, and 150 of them will come from marginalised backgrounds, making the conference a really diverse and well represented youth event at the global level. The pre-conference process will be led by an independent international youth task force which represents major global youth organisations and regional platforms ensuring regional and gender balance.
Youth candidates who apply will be screened and selected based on the following criteria:
- Applicants should be between the ages of 18 and 30;
- Applicants should have good knowledge of current national/international youth policies and/or development debates;
- Candidates should be adequately motivated to prepare the WYC together with other young people through involving in/conducting consultations to take other young people’s views to the WYC;
- Willing to ensure follow-up to the WYC through dissemination of outcomes and taking part in the implementation of the outcome document;
- Also interested applicants should show a keen interest to work in English;
- You should also be supported by an organisation/community that can endorse you as a delegate (whenever possible).
Attendees at the Conference will finalize an youth action agenda to mobilize civil society – its local and international NGOs, networks and activists, as well as academics, educators, policy makers, businesses and member states, reflecting the aspirations and ambitions of all global citizens, in the spirit of leaving no one behind. This agenda will be drafted through a global multi-stakeholder consultation process, leading up to and during the Conference. The agenda will be offered for adoption at the final plenary session of the Conference, and will be shared widely with civil society as well as UN Member States, UN Organizations and the UN Secretary-General. The Conference has a unique aim of producing a joint outcome document between states and youth, the “New Delhi Youth Declaration”.
How to apply:
All applications to become an international youth delegate should be made via offline firstname.lastname@example.org (before 31st July) and the online application at www.wyc2016india.com (after 31st July till 30th September).
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057