Application Deadline: Submit application on or before 31st March, 2017
Eligible Countries: All countries are eligible to apply
Scholarship country: Scholarships will be undertaken in Norway
Eligible Courses: Apply for scholarship if you are considering Molecular Medicine (specifically Chromatin and Structural Biology)
More Info: The Group for Structural Biology and Chromatin (Sekulic group) investigates chromatin biology and epigenetics with a biochemical and structural approach. The project aims at understanding changes in chromatin during mitosis and kinetochore formation. We use various biochemical and biophysical approaches (X-ray crystallography, SAXS, SANS, hydrogen-deuterium exchange …). In addition, we collaborate with cell biology groups to link structure with function.
A three-year position is available from August 2017 but earlier starting date can also be accommodated.We seek highly motivated individuals with an excellent track record and experience in protein purification and biophysical and biochemical characterization of proteins and protein complexes. Knowledge of chromatin and structural biology and mass spec techniques is an advantage. We offer stimulating environment with excellent working and social benefits.
Scholarship Type: Post doctorate research
- A PhD’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry, molecular biology or a related area
- Hands-on experience with purification of proteins and assembly of protein complexes
- Excellent written and oral English
- Ability to operate as a team player in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to independently perform experiments, analyze and interpret the results
- Documented ability to write scientific manuscripts (one or more first author papers from PhD studies will be highly valued)
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills
Number of Scholarships: Several scholarships will be available.
Value of Fellowship: The postdoctoral position will be placed as SKO 1352 (position code) postdoctoral research fellow with salary level NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year, depending on qualifications.
Duration of Fellowship: Scholarships will last 2 years and 6 months
How to Apply:
- Cover Letter stating motivation and research interests
- A complete list of scientific publications
- List of references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
In conjuction with the University of Oslo’s equal opportunities policy, applications are currently been invited from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
UiO has an agreement for all employees, aiming to secure rights to research results a.o.
Note that no one can be appointed for more than one specified period at the same institution.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476