The Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR) is a recognized United Nations agency that works in tantem with the UN to promote and protect the human rights that are guaranteed under international law and stipulated in the Universal Declaration of Human Rights of 1948. The office was established by the UN General Assembly on 20 December 1993 in the wake of the 1993 World Conference on Human Rights.
Internship will take place in Thailand
- The OHCHR, Regional Office for South-East Asia internship is for six months.
- The internship is UNPAID and full-time.
- Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); or
- b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one year period of graduation. Those enrolled in the International Law, Political Science, Social Science, Economics, History, and related fields are preferred.
Eligible Regions: This is not indicated.
Do visit the official website and apply online.
Application Deadline: The deadline is April 29, 2017
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057