Location: This summer program is happening in Laxenburg, Austria.
Date: The Summer program runs from June 1 – August 31, Annually.
Application is currently ongoing for the IIASA Young Scientists Summer Program. Since its inception in 1977, IIASA’s annual 3-month Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) has offered research opportunities to top performing and talented young researchers whose interests correspond with IIASA’s ongoing research on issues of global environmental, economic and social change. Beginning from June on to August, all accepted participants will work within the Institute’s research programs under the guidance of IIASA scientific staff. Funding will be duly provided through IIASA’s National Member Organizations.
- Advanced Systems Analysis
- Air Quality and Greenhouse Gases
- Evolution and Ecology
- Ecosystem Services and Management
- World Population
- Risk and Resilience
- Transitions to New Technologies
- Arctic Futures Initiative
- Tropical Futures Initiative
- Challenges and Opportunities of Economic Integration within European and Eurasian Space
(Contacting the various program representatives is strongly encouraged!)
The Young Scientists Summer Program (YSSP) provides a unique opportunity to:
- advance your research under the direct supervision of an experienced IIASA scientist;
- broaden your research interests by working in IIASA’s interdisciplinary and international research environment;
- build contacts with IIASA’s worldwide network and collaborate with the institute during your future career;
- produce a paper which will be the first step towards a publishable journal article.
- Apply if you are a PhD student (usually about 2 years prior to receiving a PhD)
- Ensure your field is compatible with ongoing research at IIASA
- Your would like to explore the policy implications of your work
- Note that applicants from all countries of the world are welcome, although IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of NMO countries.
- Participation in the YSSP is only possible for one summer (however, you may apply several times).
- You should apply via the online application form.
- Please indicate your interest for a flagship project in the box provided in the application form (under “please justify your choice of programs here”).
Candidates will be duly informed about their acceptance by March 10, 2017.
Click here for more info
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057