Deadline:Do well to submit your applications on or before July 27, 2016
The Young Professionals Program (YPP) is a unique and once in a lifetime opportunity for a truly exciting career in the World Bank.This is a wonderful opportunity for smart talents who are passionate about international development and leadership to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the World Bank Group. The Program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to the WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources and others. To be competitive for this highly selective program, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Applicants should be citizens of a member country of the World Bank
- Applicants should be 32 years of age or younger (i.e. born on or after October 1, 1984)
- You should possess a PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience[?]
- Applicants should be Fluent in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages: Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish is desired but not required.
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level.
To be able to pick one the limited number of positions, you should possess a combination of the following credentials:
- A commitment and passion for international development
- Sterling and outstanding academic grades
- Excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
- Motivation to relocate and take up country assignments (operational stream)
- Salary Renumeration: All accepted entry-level professionals will be offered internationally competitive salaries, based on their education and professional experience.
- Health, Life, Accident and Other Insurance Programs: Young Professionals and their families (including declared domestic partners) may choose from three comprehensive medical/dental benefit plans. The WBG also provides basic life and accident insurance to all staff at no cost, and staff can elect optional life and accident insurance plans. The WBG also provides disability and Workers’ Compensation coverage to staff at no cost.
- Pension Plan: The WBG sponsors a comprehensive pension plan for eligible staff. Upon separation from the WBG, either a lump sum or a pension will become payable to the staff based on eligibility.
- Relocation Benefits on Appointment: These benefits are only applicable to staff who are not residents of the Greater Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area at the time of appointment.
- Relocation Travel: The World Bank will bear the cost of one-way transportation of staff and immediate dependent family from the staff member’s residence.
- Relocation Shipment: You may choose to have the World Bank handle your shipping arrangements, or you may elect the Optional Shipment Grant.
- Relocation Grant: A one-time grant is included in the first paycheck to cover the cost of relocation.
- Mobility Premium: A financial benefit is provided for a fixed period of time to cover expenses associated with being an expatriate staff member, based on family size and nationality. This benefit is not available for U.S. citizens and U.S. permanent residents who are based in Washington D.C.
- Tax Allowance: U.S. staff receive an additional quarterly payment to cover the U.S., state and local income tax liabilities on their World Bank income. Expatriates and U.S. permanent residents do not incur U.S. income tax liability and are thus not eligible for this benefit.
- Financial Assistance: The World Bank Group offers several financial assistance programs, including a two-year interest-free settling-in loan to those who relocate upon appointment.
To apply, click here and follow the procedures given.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057