The G(girls)20 Summit, a renowed G(irls)20 flagship event is a fully funded international conference that takes place yearly in a selected G20 host country. This summit will bring together one delegate from each of the G20 country, plus a representative from the European and African Unions, Afghanistan, Pakistan and the MENA region. The Summit is a response to the G20 Leader’s commitment of 2014 to create 100 million new jobs for women by 2025. G(girls)20 Summit delegates are all girls, aged 18-23.
Thus, this year’s 7th Annual G(irls)20 Summit will be hosted in China, the official 2016 G20 Host Country. Exact dates are yet to be confirmed, but the conference should hold sometime in August 2016.
During the course of the Summit, selected delegates will attend skills building workshops, (entrepreneurship, financial preparedness, communications, digital literacy, leadership, etc.) participate in various panel discussions with both local and global experts, and then produce a masterpiece communique with tangible, scalable solutions towards bettering FLFP. The communiqué will in turn be presented to G20 Leaders for their evaluation and consideration.
- Girls who intend to apply must be between the ages of 18-23 (at the time of Summit);
- It is important that all applicants live in and hold citizenship in a G20 member country, Afghanistan, Pakistan, the African or European Unions, or the MENA region;
- Applicants are expected to be proficient in the English language for all verbal and written communications;
- Must also have or obtained a valid passport and visa for travel no later than April 31, 2016
- Should be especially interested in the economic advancement/growth of girls and women;
- Must be willing to launch a post-Summit initiative/project in her own community;
- Has parental or guardian authorization to travel to China and to fully participate in the summit for the duration of the Summit (This may require absence from school); and,
- Will provide consent to appear in any and all media.
- Summit learning materials and supplies will be provided free of charge.
- Return economy air travel arrangements, from the closest international airport to the delegate’s home to China;
- Selected participants accommodations while in China (in transit accommodations to be covered by the delegate);
- Meals – breakfast, lunch, dinner and refreshments each day;
- All ground transportation while in China.
Please note: it will be the responsibility of the delegate to arrange her own ground transportation to and from her home and the airport, as well as passport and visas (some countries will require a visa).
For general information, please contact email@example.com
Official website for info on how to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057