How to apply
International students hoping to study in Hungary are able to submit their applications either electronically through the FELVI system or by mailing their completed documents directly to the university they are interested in.
Generally, applicants will be required to complete and submit the following documents:
- The filled-in/completed online application form, which is available for download at the institution or course website
- Legalized original copies of your certificate and transcript from previous educational bodies
- For some courses, you might also need to present evidence of work experience and even recommendation letters
- Your CV. Listing your extracurricular activities, internships and jobs.
- If the language of instruction is English and you are not a native speaker, you will have to present evidence of your knowledge of command of English. Usually, internationally recognized certificates such as the TOEFL or IELTS tests are considered.
- If you have a good level of command of Hungarian, you might prefer to submit your application through the convenient FELVI system instead of submitting your application in paper form to your institution. Through FELVI, you can register your personal data, attach documents on previous studies, select the study program/s you would like to enroll in or even make any payments while the system indicates you of any errors in your application.
There are mainly two admission intakes for university programs whose language of instruction is Hungarian. There are as follows:
- 15 February: for programs starting in the fall semester
- 15 November: for studies beginning in the spring semester
However, for university programs and courses whose language of instruction is English, the application deadline varies largely. Generally, international students will be expected to submit their applications one semester in advance before the beginning of the course. In Hungary, the fall semester spans from the first fortnight of September to the end of January. The spring semester starts in the first fortnight of February and lasts until the end of June
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057