Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 8th or 19th January 2018, depending on your program.
Eligible Countries: All countries can apply.
Scholarship country: Scholarships will take place in UK
Eligible Field of Study: All courses
Award Info: The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies is a popular Independent Centre of the University of Oxford. Set up sometime in 1985, the centre encourages the scholarly study of Islam and the Islamic world. The Centre provides a meeting point for the Western and Islamic worlds of learning. At Oxford, it contributes to the multi-disciplinary and cross-disciplinary study of the Islamic world. Beyond Oxford, its role is strengthened by an international network of academic contacts. For more information, please refer to the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies scholarships website.
Scholarship Type: All full-time master’s and DPhil courses
- You must be applying to start a new full-time master’s or DPhil course at Oxford.
- You must be either:
- ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom and from a Muslim community (with preference given to those from a financially disadvantaged household), or
- a national of, and ordinarily resident in, one of the following countries in Asia and Africa
- You should be intending to return to your country of ordinary residence once your course is completed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit.
- You should be intending to undertake study in a field derived from or of relevance to the Islamic tradition, which is of relevance and/or benefit to the Muslim world.
- This scholarship is not open to applications from candidates who hold deferred offers to start in 2017-18.
Selection Process: Decisions are expected to be made by June 2017. If you have not heard from the University by this time, then please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we regret that we are unable to contact unsuccessful applicants individually or provide feedback on applications.
Number of Awardees: Up to 5 scholarships will be awarded.
Value of Scholarship: Since this is a fully funded scholarship, it will cover 100% of University and college fees and a grant for living costs (of at least £14,553).
Duration of Scholarship: Awards are made for the full duration of your fee liability for the agreed course.
How to Apply:
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476