World Health Organization is delighted to offer Speechwriter internship for international students in Nigeria. Qualified/suitable interns from the field of journalism, communications, sustainable development, social science, international relations or a related field are eligible to apply.
Note that knowledge of one of the other five official languages of the UN (French, Portuguese and Spanish) would be an asset. All internships at WHO are unpaid and full-time offered for the duration of six months.
Field of Internship: WHO’s Speechwriter intern will be responsible for developing high-impact communications for the WHO Country Representative (WR). This internship requires strategic thinking with the ability to deliver consistently high quality, well-written, thought-provoking materials under pressure and tight deadlines.
Course Level: These are Internships
Internship Provider: World Health Organization
Internship can be taken in Nigeria-Abuja
Eligibility: Required Skills and Experience
- Qualified/suitable intern from the field of journalism, communications, sustainable development, social science, international relations or related field with the following academic qualifications: (a) enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); graduated with a university degree as defined in (a) and (b) above and, if selected, must start the internship within one-year after the graduation.
- Excellent general understanding of public health, gender, equity and other related issues;
- Experience working collaboratively in a team structure in a multicultural environment;
- Experience working with the Microsoft Office suite, and particularly in development of Powerpoint presentation materials;
- Familiarity with the UN system in general and/or WHO in particular is an asset.
- Applicants must be proficient in English;
- You should have knowledge of one of the other five official languages of the UN (French, Portuguese and Spanish) would be an asset.
- Applicants should have a good understanding of strategic communication and how it can contribute to the achievement of specific development goals;
- Possess excellent writing skills;
- Be able to write quickly, clearly and concisely;
- Ability to originate or edit written content for media and the general public;
- Knowledge of analytical tools and methods for undertaking substantive research on various policy-related issues;
- Ability to engage with other parties and forge productive working relationships;
- Have an understanding of, and experience with the major social media channels;
- Be familiar with global development issues and the world of the UN.
Internship Open for International Students: International students are espe eligible to apply for this internship programme.
Is this paid internship? No, WHO Internships are not paid. Living abroad is expensive. All intern candidates should be aware of these factors before they consider applying for a WHO Internship. WHO does not provide financial support and interns are encouraged to seek to fund from other external sources.
Internship Description: The World Health Organization (WHO) is the United Nations organization that specialized in public health. The goal is to build a better, healthier future for people all living in Nigeria. Working through offices in all 36 States and the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), WHO staff work side by side with governments and other partners to ensure the highest attainable level of health for all people. Together we strive to combat diseases – infectious diseases like tuberculosis, polio, influenza and HIV and non-communicable ones like cancer and heart disease.
A number of awards offered: Note that internships at WHO are very competitive and only a small number of applicants will be accepted each year.
Internship Duration: WHO internships will last between six weeks and six months, depending on the requirements of the programme.
Notification: Note that only successful applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply: It is an online application.
Internship Application Deadline: Internship application deadline is November 10, 2017.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476