Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 30th August 2017
Eligible Countries: Applications should come from Sub-Saharan African countries
Scholarship country: Scholarships will be undertaken in South Africa
Fields of Study:
Faculty of Engineering
- BEng (Industrial Engineering)
- BEng (Chemical Engineering)
- BEng (Civil Engineering)
- BEng (Electrical Engineering)
- BEng (Electronic Engineering)
- BEng (Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering)
- BEng (Mining Engineering)
- BEng (Computer Engineering)
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- BCom (Accounting Science)
- BCom (Financial Science)
- BCom (Economics)
- BCom (Informatics)
- BCom (Agribusiness Management)
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- BScAgric (Food Science and Technology)
- BScAgric (Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness Management)
- BScAgric (Animal Science)
- BScAgric (Plant Pathology)
- BScAgric (Applied Plant and Soil Sciences)
Postgraduate Study Programmes
Master’s degree applicants in the above-mentioned fields may also apply.
Honour’s candidates will be considered if they are prepared to commit to continuing to a Master’s degree.
Award Info: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program (MCFSP) targets academically qualified, yet economically disadvantaged young people in South Africa, SADC and the rest of Africa, who will contribute to the transformation of the continent. Community service is a necessary component of the Program with all students giving back to disadvantaged communities.
Type: Undergraduate and Masters (Taught)
- Candidates should be citizens from Sub-Saharan African country.
- Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate financial neediness.
- Candidates should demonstrate leadership potential and ought to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme
Selection Criteria: The identified scholars need to demonstrate a commitment to making a difference in their communities, having faced significant barriers to accessing and completing quality tertiary education. The Program provides a comprehensive scholarship, mentoring and counseling, academic support and access to work readiness skills.
Number of Awards: Several scholarships will be offered.
Value of Scholarship: The Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Duration of Scholarship: Period of degree
How to Apply: Students who are interested in studies at the University of Pretoria and wish to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program must follow the application process in the Scholarship webpage (Link below)
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057