Application Deadline: Please submit applications on or before 1st December 2017
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are for applicants who hail from developing Countries
Country: Associateship countries
About the Award: Along with UNESCO and a number of centres of excellence in the South, TWAS has put together a Joint Associateship Scheme to assist competent researchers from the South to visit these centres regularly. Note that an associate is usually appointed for three years during which he/she can visit a Centre twice for research collaboration. Currently, almost 300 centres have been selected to participate in the Scheme. TWAS will provide travel support for the associates and a contribution towards subsistence costs up to USD300.00 per month while living expenses are covered by the host centres.
In 1994, in cooperation with UNESCO, TWAS instituted an Associateship Scheme to help counteract the brain drain affecting many developing countries. The programme supports regular visits by researchers from developing countries to centres of excellence in the South. Almost 300 centres of excellence in the South have agreed to participate in the programme.
Eligible Programs: Apply if you are interested in natural sciences
Type: Only PhD courses.
Eligibility: Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent degree. The selection of associates is highly competitive; appointments are made on the basis of merit. Special consideration is given to scientists from isolated institutions in developing countries. Women scientists are especially encouraged to apply. These are free scholarships for international students.
Number of Awards: Not indicated
Value of Award: The Associateship covers the associate’s travel expenses and a monthly contribution of USD300 towards incidental local expenses. The host centre covers accommodation and food, and provides the research facilities.
Duration of Program: Appointments have a fixed duration of three years. During this time, the associate is entitled to visit the host centre twice, for a period of 2 to 3 months each time. Subject to the availability of funds, the appointment may be renewed for a further 3-year term.
How to Apply: Applications for TWAS Associateships should include:
- the completed application form (see in Program Webpage Link below);
- a recent invitation letter – on the host institution’s letterhead paper – from one of the Institutions listed in the two files at the end of this page. It should contain the proposed time of the visits (two to three months for each visit) and should refer to the proposed cooperation. It should be made evident that the applicant and the proposed host have been in contact regarding the scientific work to be done during the visit and that the conditions for conducting the work have been agreed in terms of the timing of the visit and the facilities available;
- the applicant’s curriculum vitae, and
- the applicant’s full list of publications.
- In addition, letters of recommendation must be submitted separately to TWAS by two referees, one of whom should be from an expert from another country.
Applications must reach the TWAS Secretariat by 1 December of each year at the following address:
Strada Costiera 11
34151 Trieste, Italy
Phone: +39 040 2240-330
Fax: +39 040 224559
Click here to apply
If you are interested in learning about low tuition universities, do well to check out this really cool article Top 5 Low Tuition Universities in Canada and their tuition fees
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057