Application Deadline: Apply on or before 31st January 2018
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are for applicants from developing world countries
Scholarship country: Scholarships will be taken at Katholieke Universiteit in Flanders, Belgium
Scholarship Info: This scholarship programme is set up and managed by IRO, the University’s Interfaculty Council for Development Cooperation. It is intended for for the student to do his or her whole research at KU Leuven; therefore, any other type of agreement (e.g. Sandwich programmes, etc) are not envisioned.
Eligible Courses: Scholarships are for doctoral or pre-doctoral programmes in the Schools of Humanities and Social Sciences, Science, Engineering and Technology, or Biomedical Sciences. The research topics proposed by the KU Leuven Doctoral Schools can be found on their respective websites.
Scholarship Type: Only PhD taught programs are allowed.
- The applicant must be a citizen of one of the countries on the OCDE DAC table that are considered as: Least Developed Countries, Low Income Countries or Low Middle Income Countries.
- Applicant should not possess a citizenship from an EU country. The applicant may not posses a long-term EU residence permit.
- The candidate’s latest master’s degree must have been awarded no more than ten years prior to 1 October 2017 (including the ongoing calendar year).
- Candidates are expected to hold an academic qualification at least equivalent to a high distinction. Degrees obtained with a final score equivalent to second class second/lower division will not be taken into consideration.
- The research project must have excellent academic quality, with a special focus on the development relevance of the proposal.
- The vacancies that are published on the KU Leuven website are already funded and thus, cannot participate for this scholarship.
- The candidate must demonstrate a development-oriented motivation.
- The candidate must be supported by a KU Leuven promoter.
- The candidate must be supported by a local co-promoter at the candidate’s home country to ensure embeddedness of the research within the country’s context.
- The candidate must be supported by excellent recommendations from relevant referees.
- Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships will cover tuition fees, Health and Life Insurances, partner and child allowances, monthly stipend, travel.
Duration of Scholarship:
- PhD: This will last 48 months (4 years)
- Predoctoral programme: 12 extra months (1 year)
How to Apply: Do go through Application Instructions before applying for this scholarship.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057