Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 30th January 2018
Eligible Countries: Scholarships are for students from Developing countries
Scholarship Country: Scholarships are in the UK
Eligible Courses: Any full-time MPhil/PhD programme or Taught Masters programme.
Award Info: Under the prestigious Felix Scholarships scheme, four Felix Scholarships will be available to well qualified students with Indian citizenship to pursue postgraduate study (PhD or Masters) at the University, starting their programme in September 2018.
One further award, for study at Masters level only, will be made to a student from a developing country* who can demonstrate academic excellence and financial need.
Scholarship Type: PhD, Taught Masters.
- Applicants are expected to demonstrate financial need
- Applicants must possess at least a first-class honours degree from a University or comparable institution
- Note that you must not hold a degree from a University outside your home country
- Applicants must not have studied outside your home country for one year or more
- Candidates are expected by the Trust to return to work in their home country following their study
- You must have been accepted for admission by the University by 30 January 2018 to be considered for shortlisting. You should therefore apply for admission at the earliest opportunity. Candidates who have an academic condition on their offer of admission (such as completion of a qualification they are currently working towards) will need to successfully meet that condition by the short-listing stage (w/c 9 April 2018) in order to be considered for this year’s competition; they should otherwise consider applying to the competition next year.
Number of Awards: 5 scholarships will be available.
Value of Scholarship:Scholarships will cover tuition fees at the international rate and provide a stipend (maintenance grant) to cover living expenses (the current level of which is £14,005). They also provide generous allowances for clothes, books and a return flight home.
Duration of Scholarship: Note that these awards are available (depending on eligibility) for up to 3 years.
How to Apply: Candidates must:
Complete an online application for admission to a Postgraduate Degree at the University of Reading and hold an offer of admission by the deadline (30 January 2018).
2) Complete the electronic form at the bottom of this webpage in order to express your interest in being considered for the Felix Scholarships. This will ask you to confirm that you have read (and comply with) the Felix Scholarship criteria listed above. Do not complete this form unless you have a valid 8-digit applicant number (ID number) from the University’s online Admissions system otherwise it will not be accepted.
3) Eligible candidates will then be considered for nomination by their academic School / Department at Stage One. If you are successful in being nominated, you will receive a request on Wednesday 7 March 2018 asking you to complete a full Felix application form. This must be returned by Wednesday 14 March 2018.
4) Nominees will then be considered for shortlisting by the University level panel in April 2018. If you are shortlisted by the University, you will be notified. Candidates for the Indian awards will be asked by representatives of the Felix Trust to attend an interview in India during April/May 2018.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476