The World Bank Group, in its effort to provide graduate students practical experience in global development, is offering World Bank paid internship for Young Graduates.
Application Deadline: Note that the World Bank paid Internship is offered during two seasons, and applications are accepted during the underlisted periods:
- Winter Internship (December–March): The application period for the Winter Internship is 1st October to 31st October 2017.
- Summer Internship (June–September): The application period for the Summer Internship is 1st December 2017 to 31st January 2018.
Internship Country: Majority of these positions are located in Washington, D.C. (some positions are offered in country offices).
Eligible Fields: This internship seeks to recruit candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields.
Award Info: The World Bank paid Internship offers highly motivated and successful individuals the grand opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns will generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting.
Selection Criteria : Fluency in English is required. Prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the internship, candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity). Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs.
Number of Positions: Several positions are available
Value of Programme: The Bank Group pays an hourly salary to all interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance towards travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations.
Duration of Programme: A minimum of four weeks
How to Apply: This application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are mandatory).
- Provide the most current contact information.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be the main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Note: Each file should not exceed 5 MB, and should be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates. All applications MUST be submitted online. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476