Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 31st July 2017
Eligible Countries: International students should apply.
Scholarship Country: Scholarships will be undertaken in the United Kingdom
Eligible Courses: Note that accepted are all courses offered at the University EXCEPT:
- English Language pre-sessional programmes
- Engineering or Science Foundation programmes
- Undergraduate programmes which include a foundation year
- Undergraduate programmes (Bachelors) in the Faculty of Health Sciences and the Faculty of Medicine
- Postgraduate taught programmes (Masters) in the Faculty of Business, Art and Law; the Faculty of Social, Human and Mathematical Sciences and MSc Physiotherapy in the Faculty of Health Sciences
- PGCert or PGDip qualifications
- Postgraduate Research programmes i.e. PhD, Doctorate, MPhil, EngD, MRes
- Continuing professional development programmes
- Distance Learning programmes
- Programmes offered at a University of Southampton partner institution/ campus overseas
Award Info:The University of Southampton is currently offering the Southampton International Merit Scholarships for 2017/18 entrants. These scholarships of up to £5,000 per student seek to demonstrate the University’s ongoing commitment to attracting bright, ambitious students from all backgrounds onto our courses.
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate
Eligibility: Candidates will be considered eligible for a Southampton International Merit Scholarship if they meet all of the following criteria:
- The candidate is liable to pay full international tuition fees and they will be self-funding, ie they are not in receipt of a full scholarship from another source or sponsored by one of the University’s international funding partners.
- Candidate is in receipt of either a conditional or unconditional offer for a place at the University of Southampton for 2016 entry (September 2016).which they have accepted (not-UCAS applications) or accepted firmly (UCAS applications).
- The programme the candidate wishes to study is eligible.
- Candidate meets any nationality or domicile requirements of the scholarship.
- For foundation scholarships:
- Candidate must be a national of, and domiciled in, one of the eligible countries/territories and classified as ‘Overseas’ for fees purposes.
- For undergraduate (Bachelor) scholarships: you must be a national of, and domiciled in a country outside of the EU and classified as ‘Overseas’ for fees purposes.
- For postgraduate taught (Masters) scholarships: you must be a national of, and domiciled in, one of the eligible countries/territories and classified as ‘Overseas’ for fees purposes.
- You meet the specific academic requirements of the scholarship. The equivalency of relevant international qualifications will be determined by the University’s standard admissions criteria.
- You pay any necessary tuition fee deposit by the date notified on your offer letter
Selection Criteria: A scholarship will only be awarded subject to meeting all the conditions attached to candidate’s offer to study at the University of Southampton (UK campus) in September 2017.
- enrol as a full-time student on candidate’s academic course by the given start date, as specified in the confirmation email/letter.
- provide evidence of nationality, domicile and qualification at the period of enrolment.
- be, and remain throughout the period of enrolment, classified as ‘Overseas’ for fee purposes.
- pay all outstanding tuition fees by University deadlines. Non-payment of fees by the due date may result in the scholarship being withdrawn and candidate may be charged full fees.
The following categories of students are not eligible:
- Students who are entering the second year, or subsequent years, of an undergraduate degree or repeating a year.
- Students who are entering an undergraduate degree with a foundation qualification.
- University of Southampton undergraduate students who are progressing onto a Masters programme.
- Students who are studying at the University of Southampton as a period of study abroad, a student exchange or as a student visitor.
Students in receipt of the following funding are not eligible:
- Students whose tuition fees are fully funded by an external sponsor organisation. Students who are receiving partial payment of their tuition fees may be eligible.
- Students whose tuition fees are fully or partially funded by one of the University’s international funding partners as detailed on the International Funding Partnerships webpage.
Related Post: Free tuition medical university in Cuba and how to apply
Number of Awardees: Not indicated.
Value of Scholarship: £5,000 tuition waiver
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships valid for One year
How to Apply: Visit the scholarship webpage to apply
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476