Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 1st March 2017
Eligible Countries: These scholarships are for international students.
Scholarship Country:Scholarships will take place in Canada
Eligible Courses: All courses available at the University.
Scholarship Info: The Faculty of Graduate Studies offers scholarships to recognize and reward the excellence of international graduate students pursuing Master’s or Ph.D. degrees at the University of Manitoba.
Scholarship Type: Postgraduate taught programmes at the University.
Eligibility: Scholarships will be awarded to graduate students who:
- International students who hail from other countries of the world other than Canada (i.e., those in Canada on study permits);
- are enrolled full-time in the Faculty of Graduate Studies in either:
- the second year of a Master’s program with a two-year fee structure;
- the second year of a Ph.D. program with a two-year fee structure;
- the second or third year of a Ph.D. program with a three-year fee structure; or
- the first year of a Ph.D. program after completing a Master’s degree at the University of Manitoba;
- are paying the international student differential tuition fee;
- have achieved a minimum grade point average of 3.5 based on their last 60 credit hours (or equivalent) of study or last equivalent two full years;
- show great promise as researchers and as graduate students;
- are not recipients of external award funding that pays for their tuition.
- This scholarship may be held with the University of Manitoba Graduate Fellowship (UMGF) and other awards offered by the University of Manitoba, but may not be held in conjunction with the International Graduate Student Entrance Scholarship or the International Graduate Student Bursary.
- Accepted scholars will be considered for this scholarship in each year of eligible study.
- Students who are enrolled in a re-registration year and are paying only continuing fees are not eligible for consideration.
Selection Process: The selection panle will determine the number and value of awards offered each year based on available and current revenue.
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships will first be applied against tuition fees.
How to Apply: To apply, candidates should login to their UMGradConnect account and fill out the ‘Awards Application’.
Click here to apply
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057