Scholarship Info: Novo Nordisk International Talent Programme is currently awarding international scholarships to a number of students from select universities in the world to study at the University of Copenhagen in Denmark. International students who hail from Africa for the programme this year are expected to come from the University of Cape Town.
Application Deadline: Endeavor to submit your applications on or before 25th October, 2016 and 1st April, 2017
Eligible Universities: The International Alliance of Research Universities in Africa is (are):
- University of Cape Town
- Australian National University
- ETH, Zürich
- National University of Singapore
- Peking University
- University of California, Berkeley
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- The University of Tokyo
- Yale University
Harvard University is also included in the Novo Nordisk International Talent Program.
Scholarship Country: University of Copenhagen, Denmark
Eligible Courses:The underlisted courses are:
Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biology, Biology-Biotechnology, Public Health, Food Innovation and Health, Global Health, Human Nutrition, Human Biology, Human Physiology, Immunology and Inflammation, Health Informatics, Chemistry, Medicine, Medicine and Technology, Molecular Biomedicine, Nanoscience and Pharmaceutical Science.
Scholarship award: Novo Nordisk International Talent Program is a scholarship programme designed primarily to assist students from the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU) in a range of select academic fields seeking to study abroad at the University of Copenhagen.
Eligibility: To be eligible to apply, if you:
- Are enrolled in a degree programme at a IARU university or Harvard University
- apply for admission to UCPH as an exchange or guest student
- study at third year Bachelor’s level or Master’s level while at UCPH in one of the following programmes:
- Bioinformatics, Biochemistry, Biology, Biology-Biotechnology, Public Health, Food Innovation and Health, Global Health, Human Nutrition, Human Biology, Human Physiology, Immunology and Inflammation, Health Informatics, Chemistry, Medicine, Medicine and Technology, Molecular Biomedicine, Nanoscience and Pharmaceutical Sciences
- engage in study activities pertaining to metabolism, insulin, haemoglobin and obesity
Selection Criteria: The programme gives priority to applicants who display a strong academic background and have submitted an ambitious study plan for their stay at the University of Copenhagen.
Value of Scholarship:
- The scholarship may be spent towards the cost of tuition fees, travel costs, insurance, and other expenses incurred in connection with studying abroad at UCPH.
- The scholarship will typically amount to approximately EURO € 1200 a month. Depending on the costs and length of the study abroad at UCPH, it may increase up to EURO € 26000 in total.
Duration of Scholarship: The Scholarships will be valid for upto one academic year.
Application process: To submit an application, you are required to provide the following:
- a motivated study plan
- a copy of your transcript of records
The motivated study letter should be maximum one A4 page and include a description of your studies at your home university, your proposed study programme at the University of Copenhagen, and why your study profile matches the requirements of the Novo Nordisk International Talent Program.
You apply by sending the two required documents by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
The programme will open for submission of applications one month prior to the application deadlines.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057