Application Deadline: Deadlines for the AMS differ per Faculty or Graduate School. Click the link below to view specific scholarship deadlines.
Eligible Courses: Candidates applying for the Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS) are eligible for the courses listed below. Also, you can find the specific eligibility requirements, selection criteria and application instructions on the Faculty or Graduate School websites.
Child Development and Education
Economics and Business
Scholarship Info: The University of Amsterdam (UvA) aims to recruit the world’s brightest students to its international classrooms. Talented students from outside the EU/EEA can apply for an Amsterdam Merit Scholarship (AMS).
ScholaType: Masters degree
Selection Criteria: The applicant must meet the eligibility criteria in order to be considered for the AMS scholarship. The applicant should:
- hold a non-EEA nationality or nationalities only;
- not be entitled to receive a Dutch study grant or loan (Studiefinanciering);
- not be eligible to pay the reduced tuition fee rate for EEA students at the UvA;
- not receive a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as the AMS scholarship;
- have submitted a complete application to one of the (Master’s) programmes of the UvA;
- have been (or will be) admitted to one of the (Master’s) programmes of the UvA;
- be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa (if applicable).
Number of Scholarships: The UvA will this year award up to 15 of scholarships.
Value of Scholarship: The scholarship cannot be used as a (partial) tuition waiver. The applicant must still pay the full tuition fee. The scholarship can vary between €2,000 and €12,000.
Duration of Scholarship: Students who receive the AES for a two-year Master’s programme will be evaluated after one year of study. The scholarship will only be continued for the second year if the AES student has completed all courses of the first year on time and with a grade point average of 8.0.
Eligible Countries: Applicants from any country of the world.
To be taken at (country): University of Amsterdam, Netherlands
How to Apply: Applications for the Amsterdam Excellence Scholarship (AES) are made through the admissions office of the faculties and graduate schools. As long as you meet all the requirements, you can apply for the AES at the same time as you register for your programme.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476