Application Deadline: The World Bank paid Internship is offered during two seasons, and applications are currently accepted during the following periods listed below:
- Winter Internship (December–March): The application period for the Winter Internship is 1st October to 31st October 2016.
- Summer Internship (June–September): The application period for the Summer Internship is 1st December 2016 to 31st January 2017.
Internship Country: Most of the positions are located in Washington, D.C. (some positions are offered in country offices).
Internship Fields: The internship scheme is on the look out for candidates in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social science (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, private sector development, as well as other related fields.
Internship Info: The World Bank paid Internship is offering highly motivated and successful individuals a lifetime opportunity to improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. Interns who were accepted in previous years generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting.
Selection Criteria : Candidates should be fluent in English. You should also possess prior relevant work experience, computing skills, as well as knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese are advantageous.
Eligibility: To be eligible for the internship, candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and already be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a Master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school in a full-time capacity). Generally, successful candidates have completed their first year of graduate studies or are already into their PhD programs.
Number of Positions: Several positions are available.
Paid Internship: The Bank Group will pay a competitive hourly salary to all interns and, where necessary, provide an allowance towards travel expenses. Interns are however responsible for their own living accommodations.
Duration of Programme: A minimum of four weeks
How to Apply
This application checklist is meant to facilitate your application experience.
- Ensure that you use either Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Apple Safari, or Internet Explorer 10 or higher as your browser version.
- You will be asked to register for an account and provide an email address.
- You must complete your application in a single session and will be able to submit it only if you have uploaded all the required documents and answered all the questions (all questions marked with an asterisk-*- are mandatory).
- Provide the most current contact information.
- Ensure that you have correctly spelled out your email address, since this will be the main channel of communication with you regarding your candidacy.
- Remember to enter your complete phone number (country code + city code + number).
- Please attach the following documents (mandatory) before submitting:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
Note: Each file should not exceed 5 MB, and should be in one of the following formats: .doc, .docx, or .pdf
Once you submit your application, you will not be able to make any further changes/updates. All applications MUST be submitted online. Applications submitted after the deadline will not be considered.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476