Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 28th April 2017 5pm
Eligible Countries: Applicants can be citizens and residents of all African countries.
Scholarship country: Scholarships will be taken at Makerere University, Uganda
Eligible Courses: Applicants should be interested in the following fields: Agriculture, Veterinary medicine, ICT, Health Sciences, Technology and Engineering, Law and Human rights and Business and Financial Management at Makerere University.
Scholarship Info: Makerere University is currently partnering with The MasterCard Foundation (MCF) to provide scholarships to 1,000 academically bright but economically disadvantaged youth from Africa to access quality university education from 2014 to 2024. The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University is rolling out 200 fully funded scholarship opportunities for both national and international students who will be joining the University in the academic year 2017/18 for undergraduate education.
- Applicants must apply for admission to Makerere University main campus only for academic year 2016/17 on private scheme. The applicant should be admitted on direct entry (using UACE results) or its equivalent for international applicants.
- The applicant must be from an economically disadvantaged background, and a citizen of any country in Africa.
- The applicant should exhibit academic excellence in either Sciences or Arts with a minimum of 15 points for boys and 13 points for girls at UACE for Ugandans, and two principal passes in relevant subjects for international applicants. Those who studied sciences have an added advantage.
- The applicant must demonstrate leadership skills, commitment to social betterment and giving back to their communities.
- The applicant should not have been admitted on government or be holders of any other scholarship.
Selection Criteria: Applicants must be:
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their own communities once studies are completed.
- Return to their home areas and countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Future leaders committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- Commitment to community service through previous and/or past engagements with community outreach activities
- Wanting to study at undergraduate level at Makerere University
- All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to Makerere University to be considered for the Scholarship.
Number of Scholarships: 256 for 2017/2018 academic year and a total of 1,000 students through 10 year period of the scholars program.
Value of Scholarship: Full scholarships will be available for all successful candidates
Duration of Scholarship: Scholarships will be valid for the period of the undergraduate degree
How to Apply:
- Applicants should obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 402,
Down load the application forms from The MasterCard Foundation Scholars website on http://mcfsp.mak.ac.ug or Visit the University website at http://mak.ac.ug
- Submit completed Application Forms to the address in (1) above by Friday 28th April 2017 at 5:00pm. If submitting by email as an attachment, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is clearly legible and send to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Should you need further clarification on the application process don’t hesitate to call us on our hotline +256 414 542470
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476