Application Deadline: Do well to Submit applications on or before 8th November 2016.
Scholarship Brief: The Chevening Secretariat is currently accepting applications for 2017/2018 Chevening Scholarships from the 8th of August until 8th November 2016 for graduate candidate from developing countries. In a few weeks’ time, roughly 1,500 hardworking and inspiring leaders from all over the world, and from all walks of lives, will come to the UK and kickstart a life-changing year studying and discovering the UK as a Chevening Scholar. This time next year, this really could be you, and the first step to being awarded a prestigious Chevening Scholarship is to apply.
Eligible Fields of Study: Chevening Scholarships are awarded across a wide range of fields; including politics, government, business, the media, the environment, civil society, religion, and academia in any UK University
About Scholarship: Chevening Scholarships are awarded to individuals with strong academic backgrounds who also have demonstrable leadership potential. The scholarship offers financial support to study for a Master’s degree at any of the UK’s leading universities and the opportunity to become part of an influential global network of 44,000 alumni. There are approximately 1,500 Chevening Scholarships on offer globally for the 2017/2018 academic cycle. These scholarships represent a significant investment from the UK government to develop the next cohort of global leaders.
Prior to starting your application for a Chevening Scholarship please ensure you have the following ready:
- Essential: Three different UK master’s course choices
- Optional: English language test results (if you’ve already met the requirements)
- Optional: UK master’s university offer (if you’ve already met the requirements)
Eligibility: To be eligible for a Chevening Scholarship :
- Applicants must be citizens of a Chevening-eligible country.
- Candidates should return to their countries of citizenship for a minimum of two years after their scholarships have ended
- Have an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry to a post-graduate programme at a UK university. This is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- Have at least two years’ work experience
- Apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 13 July 2017
- Meet the Chevening English language requirement by 13 July 2017
Value of Scholarship: Note that a full Chevening Scholarship would cover the following:
- Full payment of tuition fees;
- Fees catering for travel to and from your country of residence by an approved route for you only;
- an arrival allowance;
- a grant for the cost of preparation of a thesis or dissertation (if required);
- Pay for excess baggage allowance;
- Fees catering for the cost of an entry clearance (visa) application for you only;
- a monthly personal living allowance (stipend) to cover accommodation and living expenses. The monthly stipend will depend on whether you are studying inside or outside London. It is currently £917 per month outside London and £1134 per month inside London (subject to annual review).
Eligible African Countries: Applicants from developing countries
Scholarship Country: All universities in the UK.
Application process: In order to apply for a Chevening Scholarship, you are encouraged to submit an online Chevening application form.
Visit scholarship webpage for details