Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 15th February, 2017.
Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be duly informed of the results by June annually.
Eligible Countries: Note that the Finland Government scholarships are based mainly on cultural agreements or similar arrangements between Finland and the following countries:
- Republic of Korea
Scholarship Info: The Finnish Government Scholarship programme is currently open to young researchers from all academic fields. Note that you cannot applied this scholarship for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research. The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme application form is not an application for a study/research placement. It is merely an application for funding.
Scholarship Type: Doctoral Scholarship
Eligibility: In order to be an eligible applicant for the Finland Government scholarships, candidate must first successfully apply for a study/research placement at a Finnish university/public research institute – in other words, you must be at least provisionally accepted either as a visiting Doctoral-level student/researcher, or as a full-time Doctoral degree student. Please see section Doctoral Admissions for information on how to apply for a Doctoral-level study or research placement in Finland.
To be eligible, the applicant must:
- have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying (see section ‘Doctoral Admissions’)
- Receive a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project
- have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying
- Show a willingness to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland; priority will be given to doctoral studies
- not be studying for more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution before the intended scholarship period in Finland
- Show proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research*
- Hail from one of the eligible countries listed above
Number of Awards: Not Indicated
How to Apply: All Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be sent to the appropriate authority in your home country. The scholarship authorities in these countries are individually invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool. For information on the appropriate authority in your country, please see the listing of countries and authorities to contact.
Ensure to save the online application form on your own computer before completing it. The form should be typed throughout. To move between different fields, use the “Tab” key. Relevant boxes can be ticked by using the “Space” key or the left-hand mouse button. After completing the form, please print and sign it.
If needed, the application form can also be obtained from the national scholarship authorities or directly from CIMO.
Documents required for an application:
- a completed and duly signed application form
- curriculum vitae
- copies of latest diplomas*
- two letters of recommendation
- study/research plan (2-5 pages, including a statement of motivation, goals, work plan, work method, expected results)
- invitation/expression of interest and motivation for cooperation from the hosting academic supervisor in Finland
- language certificate (Finnish, Swedish or English) or other indication of sufficient language skills – please see above, in the section ‘Eligibility criteria’
*) copies of original diplomas accompanied with translations into English, Finnish or Swedish – if the original certificates are not in these languages. Preferably official translations. Please do not send in any originals as CIMO will not return any application documents.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476