Application Deadline:Submit applications on or before 28th February, 2017
Eligible Countries: All countries are eligible to apply
Internship locations: WHO regional and out-posted offices (Africa, Americas, Europe, Eastern Mediterranean, South-East Asia, and Western Pacific)
Internship Info: Participants include both students and young professionals from different cultural, academic, as well as geographic backgrounds with a common interest: a motivation to pursue a career in supporting public health. Interns/volunteers come from the region of the Africa, and Asia. WHO had interns from Peru, Trinidad and Tobago, United States, Saudi Arabia, Romania, Turkey, Japan, Jamaica to name a few. They are from various academic backgrounds, from international politics, political sciences, computer sciences, marketing finances, biology, journalism and public health, to political communications and video editing.
- Applicants should be at least twenty years of age on the date of application;
- you are enrolled in a course of study at a university or equivalent institution leading to a formal qualification (graduate or postgraduate) (applicants who have already graduated may also qualify for consideration provided that they start the internship within six months after completion of their formal qualification);
- You are expected to have completed three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution prior to commencing (bachelor’s level or equivalent) the assignment;
- You should equally possess a first degree in a public health, medical or social field related to the technical work of WHO or a degree in a management-related or administrative field;
- you are not related to a WHO staff member (e.g., son/daughter, brother/sister, or mother/father);
- you are fluent at least in one of the working language of the office of assignment; and
- you have not previously participated in WHO’s Internship Programme.
Number of Internship Spots: Not indicated.
Value of Internship: WHO’s Internship Programme will offer a wide range of opportunities for students to gain insight in the technical and administrative programmes of WHO. WHO internships are not paid and all costs of travel and accommodation are the responsibility of the intern candidate.
Duration of Internship:Internships will last from Six to twenty four weeks.
Application Process: If you have a deep interest in completing an internship at a WHO office please follow the relevant below link(s). You will find information on the application process and additional information on WHO’s Internship Programme on the website of the respective office. Choose to apply in any of the offices via the links below:
- WHO Regional Office for Africa (email)
For more info, click here
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057