Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU) is now recieving an application for funding of projects that aim to develop internship opportunities for students from Norway in one or more of the partner countries. The students must have a minimum of 7.5 ECTS credits for their internship. The students recruited for internships may be at Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. level. Students from Norway are eligible to apply for this internship program.
Field of Internship: Internship is awareded for two?year project funding.
Course Level: Internship
Internship Provider: Norwegian Centre for International Cooperation in Education (SIU)
Internship can be taken in Study Abroad (Brazil, China, India, Japan, Russia, South Africa, Canada, and USA)
Eligibility: In order to be eligible, the internship arrangements that are to be developed with support from InternAbroad must have the following requirements:
- The internships must be recognized as an integrated part of the degree the students are pursuing at their home institution.
- The students must either do a full?time internship or combine an internship with taking courses at a partner institution.
- The students must receive a minimum of 7.5 ECTS credits for their internship.
- If the students do a full?time internship, the internship must last for a minimum of 2 months.
- The internships must be organized in a way that will allow the students to take the expected workload for a full?time student per semester (30 ECTS credits).
- If the internships last for a whole semester and are not combined with taking courses at a partner institution, the students must receive 30 ECTS credits for their internship.
- If the internships are combined with taking courses at a partner institution, the students must spend a minimum of 3 months in total in the partner country.
- The internship period must last for a minimum of 4 weeks in total, and the courses may be taken before, after or during the internship period.
- The students recruited for internships may be at Bachelor’s, Masters or Ph.D. level.
- The students recruited for internships may be pursuing a degree in any discipline. In order to ensure a wider pool of students from which to recruit, it is encouraged that students should be recruited from multiple disciplines.
- The internships must take place in one or more of the partner countries.
- The internships may be undertaken in Norwegian companies/organizations with offices abroad or in foreign companies/organizations.
- The internships must be open to both male and female students, and a balanced gender ratio must be aimed for.
Internship Open for International Students: Students from Norway are qualified to apply for this internship program.
Is this paid internship? Norwegian Higher educational institutions may apply for NOK 300 000 in funding for a two-year project. Funding can be used for development, travel costs, student scholarships and other relevant costs.
Internship Description: InternAbroad is a pilot initiative developed by SIU and supported by Innovation Norway. The objective is to increase the number of students from Norway who do a credit-yielding internship or work placement abroad, where they get practical experience in a job, enhance intercultural competencies and language skills, and acquaint themselves with work environments and business cultures in a foreign country. As a result, students will benefit from a more relevant education, and companies and organizations will benefit from access to a pool of talented students who may become future employees.
Number of awards offered: Not Specified
Internship Duration: The internship period must last for a minimum of 4 weeks in total, and the courses may be taken before, after or during the internship period.
Notification: All applicants will be notified of the outcome of the application process, tentatively in November 2017.
How to Apply: In order to be eligible, applications must meet the following requirements:
- The applicant institution in Norway must be an accredited Norwegian higher education institution or an institution with accredited higher education programs.
- Applications must include at least one company or organization in one of the partner countries as a partner. More such partners may be added during the project period if the application is selected for support.
- Applications must include a Letter of Commitment from one or more such partners, documenting interest in hosting students from the applicant institution in Norway as interns.
- If the application includes plans to develop arrangements that will allow exchange students to combine studies abroad with credit?yielding internships, the application must include at least one accredited higher education institution in one of the partner countries as a partner. Such partners must provide accredited education programs at a level equivalent to that offered at the Norwegian applicant institution.
- Applications must be written in English and be submitted fully completed, including attachments, through SIU’s online platform for applications and reporting (Espresso) within the call’s final deadline.
- The project activities described in the application must be implemented within the project period.
- Applications must include plans to send at least 5 students to do an internship in one of the partner countries during the project period.
Internship Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 22, 2017, at 15:00 Norwegian time.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476