Applicants are required to apply for the research position at Opto-electro-structural Lab in Korea. The position is open exclusively to foreign applicants.
The target of the position is to assist and encourage international researchers.
The technology thrust of the OESL is the development and implementation of various structural sensing technology to real-world.
Course Level: The position is offered to pursue research programme.
Study Subject: The position is offered in the following fields:
- Laser ultrasound technologies, wireless sensing network (WSN), and optical fibre sensors technologies to the non-destructive test and evaluation (NDT&E) and structural health management (SHM) of important engineering structures, such as wind turbines, space launch vehicles, nuclear power plants, and aircraft. However, the applicant’s background is never limited to these fields.
Scholarship Award: The position will cover the followings:
- Graduate student: Full support of tuition fee + starting monthly stipend KRW 800,000 for master course; KRW
- 1,000,000 for PhD course (after tax deduction).
- Increment depending on research achievement.
- Office utensils supported, including PC, furniture, stationary, etc
Numbers of Scholarships: Not Specified
Scholarship can be taken in
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following qualified requirements:
- Mechatronics, Robotics, Electrical, Electronics, Signal/image processing, Embedded system (Microcontroller/FPGA), Wireless Sensing Network, Wireless sensing device, Stealth and radome analysis, Programming (C/C++, LabVIEW), Mechatronics, Aeronautics, Aerospace, Aerospace Material, Mechanical Engineering and/or Materials background.
- Minimum CGPA during undergraduate: 3.0 / 4.0.
- Graduate from top-ranked domestic (Top 3) and international (Top 500) school
Nationality: Foreign applicants are qualified for the position.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have minimum CGPA during undergraduate: 3.0 / 4.0.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the followingqualifying requirements:
- Minimum English requirement: PBT 560, CBT 220, iBT 83, IELTS 6.5, TEPS 599, TOEIC 720 or higher.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through email.
- Required documents:
- Detail resume with a recent photo, copies of academic certificates and English test result, one A4 page statement-of-purpose (your personality, motivation to join this field of study, reasons for application and personal goals, future plan after your graduation, etc).
- Send application or enquiry to oeslab.kaist-at-gmail.com
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 20, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057