The Ministry of Education is delighted to offer its Ngarimu VC and 28th (Maori) Battalion Memorial Scholarship for Maori students. These scholarships are offered in the field of tertiary study.
The aim of the Ngarimu VC & 28th (Maori) Battalion Memorial Scholarship is to offer financial assistance to students of M?ori descent who attend a recognized tertiary institution.
The Ministry of Education is the Government’s lead advisor on the New Zealand education system, shaping the direction for sector agencies and providers.
Course Level: These scholarships are open for undergraduate, Masters, Education Research Master and Doctoral programme.
Study Subject: These scholarships are offered in the field of tertiary study.
Scholarship Award: These scholarships will cover the following:
- 3 undergraduate awards – $10,000 each per year of full-time study, for up to 5 years
- One master award – $15,000 per year of full-time study, for up to 2 years.
- One master’s education research award – $15,000 per year of full-time study, for up to 2 years and a paid internship with the Ministry of Education for up to 6 weeks for each year of study.
- One doctoral scholarship – $25,000 per year of full-time study, for up to 2 years. The doctoral scholarship is to support doctoral candidates through the final 24 months of study.
Numbers of Scholarships: Six scholarships are offered.
- Undergraduate: three
- Masters: one
- Masters education research: one
- Doctoral: one
Scholarship can be taken in New Zealand.
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following qualifying requirements:
- To apply for these scholarships you must be of Maori descent.
- Must applicants be able to describe the Ahuatanga characteristics you possess that are similar to those identified as consistent with the 28th (Maori) Battalion soldiers?
Nationality: Maori students are eligible for these scholarships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must possess previous year degree.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email:
- All applications must be submitted by email to ngarimu.scholarship-at-education.govt.nz
Application Deadline: The application deadline is September 28, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476