Microsoft is giving free online course on Introduction to Web Accessibility. In this course, University will teach applicants the guidelines and best practices needed to create a new web application from scratch.
In this five week course, applicants will learn the best practices and guidelines required to create accessible web applications and empower all of your users. This course will start on July 21, 2017.
Course At A Glance
Length: 5 weeks
Effort: 3-4 hours pw
Subject: Computer Science
Institution: Microsoft and edx
Certificate Available: Yes, Add a Verified Certificate for $99
Session: Course Starts on July 21, 2017
Universities live in a mobile-first and cloud-first world. Computing is ubiquitous, and experiences span devices and exhibit ambient intelligence. Billions of sensors, screens and devices – in conference rooms, living rooms, cities, cars, phones, PCs – are forming a vast network and streams of data that simply disappear into the background of our lives.
About This Course
In today’s Internet-driven world, accessibility is a critical requirement for any web application. After all, what good is the technology that connects us all, if all of us can’t connect with it?
Along with the benefits of inclusion, accessibility carries with it a very real financial incentive: poorly designed, inaccessible web applications can incur incredible repair costs when they are deemed to be out of compliance with legal requirements.
Why Take This Course?
University will discuss the legal landscape behind accessibility, as well as the need of making your web pages readable by all users. You’ll learn how to test throughout the building phase so that you can be sure you are on the right track as you create new sites and applications.
- Best practices and guidelines to make logical decisions relating to web accessibility
- Accessibility tools
- Page structure
- Aria attributes
- Needed attributes
- How CSS affects accessibility
- Communicating text for screen readers
- Control elements
- Complex controls
- Edit, email, and search boxes
- Charts and graphs
- Filets and legends
- Choosing UI frameworks
- Filters and sorting
- Tab controls
- Optimizing usability while fixing accessibility issues
- Error messages
- Fixing order issues
- Fixing a form
Software Design Engineer
Accessibility Learning and Development Consultant
Data Scientist and Software Engineer
Customer Service Support Lab Engineer
Senior Program Manager
Microsoft Learning Experiences
University of Washington
Software Design Engineer
SR Supportability PM Accessibility
- A basic understanding of web development
- A basic understanding of C# and object oriented programming
How To Join This Course
- Go to the course website link
- Create an edX account to SignUp
- Choose “Register Now” to get started.
- EdX offers honor code certificates of achievement, verified certificates of achievement, and XSeries certificates of achievement. Currently, verified certificates are only available in some courses.
- Once applicant sign up for a course and activate their account, click on the Log In button on the orghomepage and type in their email address and edX password. This will take them to the dashboard, with access to each of their active courses. (Before a course begins, it will be listed on their dashboard but will not yet have a “view course” option.)
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476