Application Deadline: This competition is ongoing
Eligible Countries: Apply if you hail from one of these countries: Gibraltar, Spain, Egypt, Libya, Malta, Tunisia, Algeria, Morocco, France, Monaco, Italy, Slovenia, Croatia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Montenegro, Albania, Greece, Turkey, Cyprus, Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Palestine.
Contest country: Contest will take place in Roma Tre University, Rome, Italy
Contest Info: MYMC will bring together Mediterranean youth of different backgrounds through their shared passion for mathematics. It is hoped that this long-lasting connections will be built, and in turn, greater understanding among different cultures will be advanced.
- Competition will be for high school students in schools in the countries above, to encourage interest in mathematics
- Each participating country is represented by a team of four students and by one chaperon.
- The four students are two boys and two girls, currently in their final three years of high school, at least fifteen years old and at most nineteen years old.
- In all rounds, the problems are either multiple-choice or with numerical answers. The problems are written in English.
- In all rounds, the four students of a team work together towards the solution of the problems they are given.
- The only instruments permitted are writing and drawing instruments, such as rulers and compasses. In particular, books, papers, tables, calculators, protractors, computers and communication devices are not allowed into the examination room.
Value of Contest: In the awards ceremony of July 21, 2017:
- the team in first place will receive the gold medal
- the team in second place will receive the silver medal
- all other teams will receive a bronze medal.
Duration of Scholarship: July 19-22, 2017
How to Apply: It is important to go through the Contest Webpage for more details before applying.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476