Application Deadline: Submit your applications on or before 30th August 2016
Eligible Countries:All Sub-Saharan African countries are eligible for this scholarship
Scholarship description: The MasterCard Foundation annually offers a range of full scholarships to students from sub saharan African countries who have applied for and been admitted to the below listed undergraduate study programmes at the University of Pretoria.
Eligible Fields of Study:
Faculty of Engineering
- BEng (Industrial Engineering)
- BEng (Chemical Engineering)
- BEng (Civil Engineering)
- BEng (Electrical Engineering)
- BEng (Electronic Engineering)
- BEng (Mechanical and Aeronautical Engineering)
- BEng (Mining Engineering)
- BEng (Computer Engineering)
Faculty of Economic and Management Sciences
- BCom (Accounting Science)
- BCom (Financial Science)
- BCom (Economics)
- BCom (Informatics)
- BCom (Agribusiness Management)
Faculty of Natural and Agricultural Sciences
- BScAgric (Food Science and Technology)
- BScAgric (Agricultural Economics/Agribusiness Management)
- BScAgric (Animal Science)
- BScAgric (Plant Pathology)
- BScAgric (Applied Plant and Soil Sciences)
Postgraduate Study Programmes
All master’s degree applicants in the above-mentioned fields are equally eligible to apply.
Honour’s candidates will be considered if they are prepared to commit to continuing to a Master’s degree.
Degree Type: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Taught
- All applicants should hail from Sub-Saharan African countries.
- Intending Applicants should come from economically disadvantaged backgrounds and demonstrate significant financial neediness.
- Applicants should possess leadership potential and desire to be involved in a giving back project eg. in a community, at school, church etc
- Academic excellence is paramount and students have to maintain a high academic average at all times.
- Candidates need to be first time applicants as first year students in the degree programme
Selection Criteria: All successful scholars need to show a commitment to effecting change in their communities, having faced and overcome significant challenging to accessing and completing quality tertiary education. The Program shall provide a comprehensive scholarship, mentoring and counseling, academic support and access to work readiness skills.
Number of Awardees: Several
Value of Scholarship: The Program will cover the following:
- Full tuition fees
- Accommodation in a UP residence
- Books and printed material
- A modest monthly stipend
- Medical aid (Ingwe only)
- Travel costs (one return trip for the duration of the study period)
- Cost of one visa application for the duration of the study period.
Duration of Scholarship: For the duration of the degree program.
How to Apply: If you are interested in the programs at the University of Pretoria and wish to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, please follow the application process in the webpage
Click here to apply