NAM S&T Centre – ZMT Research Fellowships assist promising leaders to pursue research in Germany. These fellowships are available for applicants from developing countries in the field of Tropical Coastal Marine Research.
The purpose of the fellowships is to promote the fullest possible and mutually beneficial collaboration among scientists and technologists and scientific organizations from non-aligned and other developing countries
The Centre for Science and Technology of the Non-aligned and Other Developing Countries (NAM S&T Centre) has been established as an intergovernmental organization.
Course Level: Fellowships are offered to pursue research.
Study Subject: Fellowships are offered in Tropical Coastal Marine Research.
Scholarship Award: These fellowships will cover the followings:
- ZMT Bremen will provide a subsistence allowance of €1250 per month for accommodation, meals and out-of-pocket expenses in Bremen for the duration of the fellowship.
- Under this scheme, the NAM S&T Centre sponsors up to five scientists each year. The Fellowship will be offered to the scientists only from the member countries of the NAM S&T Centre and only one scientist will be selected from a particular country. The Centre covers the international airfare of the selected candidates from those member countries or members of the NAM S&T – Industry Network, which have no outstanding dues towards the annual membership subscription to the Centre. [Lists of member countries and members of the NAM S&T – Industry Network are available in the Centre’s website www.namstct.org.]. Scientists from the member countries having outstanding dues against their membership contribution can avail this facility subject to the condition that at least the current year’s payment will be made by such countries, ZMT gives a monthly subsistence allowance of 1250 Euros to the fellows meet the accommodation and other expenses in Bremen.
- ZMT Bremen will offer all possible facilities and access to various equipment in its constituent laboratories, which may be required by the Fellows for implementing their research activity under the supervision of a senior ZMT scientist.
- Individual Fellows or their governments/institutions will be required to bear the following costs:
- All expenses in the home country incidental to travel abroad, including expenditure for passport and visa, needed medical examinations and vaccinations and miscellaneous expenses such as internal travel to/from the airport of departure in the home country.
- Salary and other related allowances for the Fellows during the Fellowship period.
- Cost towards medical insurance to cover the period of Fellowship in Germany.
- The NAM S&T Centre and ZMT Bremen will not assume responsibility for the following expenditure in connection with the Fellowship of a particular scientist/researcher:
- Insurance, medical bills or hospitalization fees.
- Compensation in the event of death, disability or loss of personal belongings or compensation for damage caused by climatic or other conditions.
Numbers of Scholarships: Up to five fellowships are available.
Scholarship can be taken in Germany
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following criteria for these fellowships:
- The applicant must possess at least a Master of Science (M.Sc.) or an equivalent degree and should be actively engaged in research and development.
- There is no upper age limit, but younger scientists will be preferred.
- Selection is strictly on merit based on the scientific quality of the proposal submitted by the applicant.
- From a developing country only one scientist / researcher will be accepted in any given financial year.
Nationality: Applicants of Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Bolivia, Burkina Faso, Cambodia, Colombia, Congo, Cuba, Cyprus, Egypt, Ethiopia, Gabon, The Gambia, Guyana, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kenya, Korea DPR, Lebanon, Malawi, Malaysia, Malta, Mauritius, Myanmar, Nepal, Nicaragua, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palestine, Peru, Serbia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, St. Lucia, Syria, Tanzania, Togo, Uganda, Venezuela, Vietnam, Zambia and Zimbabwe can apply for these fellowships.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a master or an equivalent degree.
English Language Requirement: Applicants must meet the necessary language proficiency requirements of the host institution.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply via email.
- Applications for the fellowship may be submitted in the prescribed format (attached) directly to the NAM S&T Centre and not to ZMT Bremen. Incomplete applications will be rejected.
- A proposal on the scientific work to be carried out at ZMT Bremen must be attached with the application. To prepare the proposal the applicants may carefully study the material available on the website of ZMT Bremen and then, if necessary, get in touch with the ZMT at Email: stefanie.abrahams-at-leibniz-zmt.de
- Five applicants will be selected each year out of all the applications received based on the professional details supplied and the Plan of Work submitted by the applicants.
- In matter of selection, the decision of the NAM S&T Centre and ZMT Bremen shall be final
Application Deadline: The application deadline is July 7, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476