Application Deadline: Submit applications by 30th November 2016, for commencement in 2017
Eligible Countries: Only International students.
Scholarship country: The University of Queensland in Australia
Scholarship Info: UQ Business School will offer up to four (4) 50% tuition-fee waiver scholarships to outstanding women with interest in taking up MBA taught programs (and MBA articulation pathway) each year.
UQ Business School is independently ranked as one of the top business schools in Australia and amongst the leading institutions worldwide. Located in Brisbane, this scholarship scheme brings together over 130 subject experts with over 8,000 students and offers a wide range of degree programs and executive education.
Type: These are MBA Scholarship for Women
Eligibility: The scholarship will be renewed at the end of each semester for a period of 24 months if the holder:
(a) obtains satisfactory grades; and
(b) maintains a satisfactory rate of continuous enrolment for a period of 24 months within the MBA program; and
(c) fulfils the obligations* of an MBA student; and
(d) remains an MBA student.
Selection Process: Applicants will be notified in writing of the outcome of the scholarship selection process as soon as possible after the closing date. No late applications will be considered. Not every scholarship will be awarded on an annual basis. Scholarships are limited and awarded on a competitive basis.
All scholarships are awarded at the discretion of the MBA Director whose decision is final.
Number of Scholarships: four (4)
Value of Scholarship: Scholarships will cater for 50% Fee reduction
Duration of Scholarship: All successful candidates will receive a 50% discount on their course tuition fees for a maximum period of 24 months.Note that if the scholarship recipient exceeds the intended 24 months timeframe they fully responsible for the full tuition cost of any and all remaining courses after the date specified in the scholarship offer.
How to Apply: Applicants should meet each of the following conditions in order to apply for the scholarship:
- They should have already submitted an application for entry into the MBA program and be eligible to receive an ‘unconditional’ offer for admission^. That is, they are expected to have met the official entry criteria for acceptance into the MBA program (including GMAT, English Language proficiency, and work experience); and
- They should equally provide a personal statement of no more than 1000 words (use 1.5 spacing and 12 point font) in support of your application. This statement should:
- explain why you want to undertake the MBA at UQ Business School; and
- describe what value you think you will bring to your fellow MBA students; and
- outline your long-term career goals; and
- provide evidence of your leadership skills and community involvement; and
- outline how you will add value to the MBA program; and
- Put forth two written references as shown below:
- a professional reference from a current or former (recent) supervisor or manager; and
- a character reference; and
- Schedule and attend an interview if required—in Australia or via video-conference/skype/phone. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted as required to arrange a suitable time; and
- You are not expected to have been awarded any other MBA scholarship as defined by UQ Business School.
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476