Location: Successful participants will undertake fellowship programs at Abidjan in Côte d’Ivoire, Addis Ababa in Ethiopia and Geneva in Switzerland.
Deadline:Submit applications on or before October 14, 2016
Applications are now invited for Mo Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program made available to young professionals, mid-career and new executives from around Africa. The distinguished fellowships will offer selected fellows the wonderful opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the African Development Bank (Abidjan), the UN Economic Commission for Africa (Addis Ababa) or the International Trade Centre (Geneva).
This is a one-year fellowship programme designed exclusively for young professionals, mid-career and new executives.
The fellowships will offer youth the opportunity to work in the executive offices of either the African Development Bank (Abidjan), the UN Economic Commission for Africa (Addis Ababa) or the International Trade Centre (Geneva).
The Fellowship is for young professionals, mid-career and new executives. To apply for this position, you need to be national of one of AfDB member countries. The fellow must:
- National of an African country;
- 7-10 years of relevant work experience;
- Master’s degree;
- Under the age of 40, or 45 for women with children;
- Any additional criteria as set by the host.
How to apply:
Prospective fellows who meet the eligibility criteria are encouraged to apply directly to the relevant institutions using the links shown below:
- The African Development Bank (AfDB) | Application link
- The United Nations Economic Commission for Africa (UNECA) | UNECA vacancies page
- The International Trade Centre (ITC) | Application link
- The application process will official open on 12 August 2016;
- Applications should be sent in on or before 14 October 2016;
- successful candidate notified January 2017;
- press announcement of Fellows 3 February 2017;
- Fellows start date May 2017.
MO Ibrahim Foundation Leadership Fellowship Program is open to citizens of Africa (Algeria, Egypt, Libya, Mauritania, Morocco, Tunisia, Benin, Burkina Faso, Cape Verde, Côte d’Ivoire, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Liberia, Mali, Niger, Nigeria, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Togo, Burundi, Comoros, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Kenya, Rwanda, Seychelles, Somalia, Sudan, Tanzania, Uganda, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Democratic Republic of Congo, Congo, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Madagascar, Angola, Botswana, Lesotho, Malawi, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, São Tomé & Príncipe, South Africa, Swaziland, Zambia, Zimbabwe and South Sudan (applicants also need to be national of one of AfDB member countries).
Click here to apply