Application Deadline:Submit applications on or before 21st October 2016
Eligible Countries: All countries of the world
Internship country: Internship is taking place Montréal, Canada.
Internship Info: All selected and successful Young Aviation Professional Officer will be duly expected to contribute to ICAO, IATA and ACI work programmes related to aviation safety, air navigation capacity and efficiency, or to economic development of air transport, aviation facilitation, or environmental protection, focusing on inter-relationships between regulatory activities of ICAO and those in the airline and airport industries in IATA and ACI.
- Applicants should be fully committed to continuous learning: They should possess a willingness and a strong ability to engage in self-development, keep up-to date with new developments, help others to learn and learn from others.
- Planning and Organizing: Ability to set clear goals, prioritize, anticipate problems or risks, and have effective time management skills.
- Communication: Ability to write in a clear, concise and accurate manner. Ability to communicate verbally and with diplomacy.
- Client Orientation: Ability to see from the clients’ perspective, anticipate client needs and concerns; find appropriate solutions for clients, and keep clients informed.
- Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively with others and maintain harmonious working relationships in a multicultural environment.
- Technological awareness: Ability to use contemporary software such as MS Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint), SharePoint, or equivalent and demonstrate a willingness to learn and use new technology.
- Level of educations: You should possess any of the underlisted qualifications: a) Master’s degree (or equivalent, to be demonstrated by the applicant); or b) Bachelor degree, supplemented with a Commercial Pilot License or an Air Traffic Control License.
- Experience: You should also have a minimum of two years’ professional working experience in aviation-related regulatory activities and/or in the aviation industry.
- Language skills: Fluent reading, writing and speaking abilities in English. Working knowledge of a second language commonly used in international organizations (French, Spanish, Chinese, Russian or Arabic) would be an asset; and
- Age criteria: Aged 32 years or less on the closing date of this announcement.
- Note: Preference will be given to candidates who are not currently serving, or who have not previously served, as an intern with either ICAO, IATA and ACI.
Number of Internship Places: A total of 3 internships spots are available.
Value of Programme:
- The living costs and expenses will be borne by the Young Aviation Professional Officer.
- Financial Support is also available: An amount of CAD $4 000 per month will be awarded to each selected Young Aviation Professional Officer to assist with living costs.
- Annual leave will be provided at the rate of one and a half days per month.
- Sick leave will be provided at the rate of one day per month.
- Medical insurance will be provided at the single rate for prescription/medical/dental coverage within Canada. The selected candidates will be required to pay the employee portion of the premium, which is estimated to be approximately CAD $ 117.65 per month.
- Occupational accident insurance will be provided (at no cost to the selected candidates).
- Non-occupational accident insurance will be available to the selected candidates, at their own cost.
- Travel: Where necessary and required, travel expenss to and from Montreal at the beginning and at the end of the Programme will be provided at the lowest available applicable fare. The cost for one excess baggage (i.e. baggage in excess of the weight or volume carried without charge by transportation companies) will be covered up to a maximum of 25 kilograms.
- Visa: ICAO is a also willing to provide a letter of support to assist in obtaining the required visa.
Duration of Programme: All positions are valid for twelve months.
How to Apply: : Interested candidates who meet the selection criteria are requested to submit their candidature by the closing date of 21 October 2016 by completing the online application form available at https://careers.icao.int. They must also attach a motivation letter summarizing: their professional achievements to date; their suitability for the Programme; their career aspirations in regulatory activities and/or the aviation industry; and the field of work for which they wish to be considered. Candidates should also indicate their preferred task(s) from the lists provided in Appendix A and Appendix B and explain why they have this interest.
Click here to apply