Deadline: Submit applications on or before December 5, 2016
Location: Scholarships will take place in Sweden.
Funding: all costs related to accommodation, food and transport during YLVP are covered by SI.
Applications are invited for the Young Leaders Visitors Programme 2017 in Sweden. Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) is an intercultural leadership programme for young leaders from the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden.
This fully funded programme will offer both personal and professional development to young leaders working to effect positive social change in the fields of democracy, human rights, sustainability and equality. YLVP provides the tools necessary to accomplish greater social impact.
YLVP will equally build and strengthen individual leadership through various group-centric methods such as collaboration, feedback and reflection. Participants will learn in group from merited facilitators and from each other, through workshops, practical exercises and hands-on performance.
To apply to the Young Leaders Visitors Programme (YLVP) you have to:
- be an NGO leader, legal worker, journalist, social worker, cultural worker, social entrepreneur, civil servant, youth politician or in another type of leadership role
- work actively for democracy, sustainability, diversity and/or human rights
- Be between 22 and 32 years old (born 1984 – 1995)
- Possess a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English
- Hail from Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine*, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia or Yemen.
- *Palestinian ID holders, including Jerusalem ID.
Please be informed that they won’t be any exceptions to the eligibility requirements. Only completed applications will be considered.
Accommodation, Food and Travel:
Total costs related to accommodation, food and transport during YLVP will be duly covered by SI. SI will equally make arrangement to pay for the participants’ air travel to and from Sweden and to the location of the second module of the programme. Each participant is responsible for transportation costs within her/his own countries.
Apply by filling out our YLVP Application Form 2017 and by going to our application portal. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme. A complete application consists of:
- a completed application form in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons;
- an updated CV in English;
- a letter of recommendation* (no more than 500 words) from a person who knows your work in the areas of democracy or human rights. The letter should motivate your participation in the programme with reference to the YLVP criteria; the letter should preferably be in English but could also be submitted in French or Arabic. We prefer that you use our template for the letter of recommendation, but it’s not compulsory. Templates are available in
- English, French and Arabic;
- a photo (not compulsory).
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send an email to email@example.com
- Call for application opens: 4 November 2016
- Deadline for application: 5 December 2016
- Skype or Google Hangouts interviews: 23–31 January 2017
- Selected participants of YLVP 2016 will be informed by: 20 February 2017
- YLVP 2017 Module 1 in Sweden: 8–26 May 2017
- YLVP 2017 Module 2 (location to be confirmed): 14–20 October 2017
Click here to apply
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057