Scholarship Info: UNESCO is partnering with the Government of the Republic of Czech to award a number of fully funded scholarship opportunities for Bachelors and Masters studies to international students from developing nations.
Application Deadline: Submit applications on or before 30th September 2016 (Midnight Paris time)
Eligible Countries: You are eligible to apply if you hail from a developing country of the world. Find below the list of invited Member States entitled to submit candidates:
– Yemen and
Eligible Countries: The following studies are highly recommended: Natural Resources and Environment, Forestry Engineering, Tropical Agriculture, Water and Landscape Management, Economics and Finance, Environment, Ecology and Environmental Protection, Informatics, Engineering Informatics, Computer Science, Mechanical Engineering, Energy Engineering.
High preference will be given to students who will take these fields of study.
The courses to be undertaken for the programme are: natural resources and environment, forestry water and landscape management, technology and environmental engineering, economics and finance would be given priority. Note: There is no possibility to change the field of study/study programme once the fellowship is awarded.
About the Scholarship: With the aim of promoting human resource capacities in the developing Member States and enhancing friendships among individuals of the world, the Government of the Czech Republic has put at the disposal of UNESCO three long-term fellowships for undergraduate programs (which includes the Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes for the academic year 2017-2018) for the benefit of certain developing Member States. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, nor a citizen of a Member State of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit on the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore be granted this type of scholarship.
The studies being conducted in Czech language, the candidates to benefit from these fellowships will be required to take a special language and preparatory course before starting their studies. The Czech language course will be provided by the Charles University in Prague.
Eligibility:Note that the Language requirement would be English or French
Selection Criteria: Selection is very competitive and will be given to applicants who, apart from meeting the academic qualifications required, opt for the fields of study enumerated above. Also note that there won’t be wrong to change the field of study or the study programme once the fellowship has been awarded. It is important to note that only applications with complete documentations shall be considered for evaluation.
Value of scholarship:
Facilities offered by the Government of the Czech Republic
- Full tuition will be provided for all admitted scholars
- A monthly allowance of 14,000 Czech Crowns (1 euro = approximately 25 crowns) for students undertaking bachelor and master’s study programmes (Should this allowance be considered insufficient, the applying Member State may consider granting a partial contribution, or, the candidate may have to seek other funds from private sources to complement this allowance)
- Accommodation at the student dormitories at reduced rates (to be paid by the fellow from the monthly allowance mentioned in (2) above)
- Access to meals (to be paid with the monthly allowance) in the student dining halls
- Access to discounts for urban transportation
- The Ministry of Health provides medical care to fellows.
Facilities offered by UNESCO
- UNESCO will cover international travel expenses within the framework of the Fellowships Programme under the Regular Programme. Upon selection of the candidates, UNESCO will undertake the necessary action to authorize tickets to the beneficiaries before their departure for the Czech Republic. And,
- A special one-time allowance of US$200 to cover transit and other miscellaneous expenses.
Duration of Scholarships: 3 to 6 years
How to Apply: All applications should be endorsed by the relevant Government body (such as the National Commission or Permanent Delegation), must be made on a Czech fellowship application form, filled out in English in electronic form until 30 September 2016
Click here to apply