The Young Peacebuilders programme will bring young women and young men from the MENA region in an intercultural dialogue and peacebuilding experience.
20 chosen participants will learn and collaborate online and in-person during – participants will interact online through a series of facilitated modules and in-person during a one-week workshop in Amman, Jordan.
The purpose is to support the growth of networks of young peace-builders who are saddled with the tools to address stereotypes, prejudice, and polarization in order to build more inclusive and peaceful societies in their communities and globally.
UNAOC targets to improve understanding and cooperation among nations and peoples across cultures and to reduce polarization at local and global levels. It assist develop more inclusive societies, in which diversity is experienced as an asset.
Course Level: Scholarships are offered to Young Peacebuilders.
Study Subject: The Young Peacebuilders program will engage young women and young men from the MENA region in an intercultural dialogue and peacebuilding experience.
Scholarship Award: As an official policy, the organizers of Young Peacebuilders program do not want payment of any participation fee. All selected youth participants will be equipped with
- Round-trip travel (international or domestic flight, economy class) to Amman, Jordan for the face-to-face workshop as well as to the city of the symposium;
- Shared accommodation (double-rooms), with a participant from the same gender, in the city of the workshop and the city of the symposium;
- Meals and coffee breaks during the official duration of the workshops in Amman and the symposium;
- Shuttles or reimbursement of transportation to/from the airport and hotel in Amman and city of the symposium.
Number of Scholarships: Not Known
Scholarship can be taken in Amman, Jordan
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be qualified for the scholarship:
Eligibility criteria (all requirements must be met in order to be considered qualified):
- Age: Be 18-25 years of age at the time of applying for the program and for its total duration (October-December 2016). To be considered qualified, applicants must be born on or between June 1, 1992, and August 31, 1999. No exceptions will be made.
- Region: Be a citizen of one of the following MENA region countries Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen
- Organization: Be active (staff, volunteer, etc.) in a non-government and non-for-profit youth-led organization, network, initiative or movement (led by youth for the benefit of youth) and have the ability to consult with and reach a wider group of young people, audience or network, including at the grassroots and community level.
- Commitment: demonstrate a commitment to diversity and pluralism, nonviolence, peaceful and inclusive societies. The organizations and networks represented should: Adhere to the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the principles and values of the Charter of the United Nations; have internal democratic and transparent processes of leadership, decision-making, and consultation; be independent, unaffiliated with any political party.
- Language: Command of English is sufficient to take part in the online phase and in-person workshop. The applicant understands English very well; possesses intermediate to fluent levels of English, which allow her/him to participate in the conversation and input.
- Prior experience: the applicant has never taken part in a program of UNAOC (Summer School, Youth Solidarity Fund, Intercultural Innovation Award, Plural+, PeaceApp, Youth Event at the UNAOC Global Forum, Fellowship Program)
- Passport: In order to be accepted in this program, selected applicants must hold an international passport valid until at least November 1, 2018. Failure to provide a copy in due time will result in cancellation of participation.
- The application is duly completed, submitted by the deadline and contains all supporting documentation, requested as part of the call. Half-complete applications or applications filled in other languages than English will not be reviewed and considered.
Nationality: Citizens of one of the following MENA region countries Algeria, Bahrain, Djibouti, Egypt, Iran, Israel, Iraq, Jordan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Oman, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, State of Palestine, Syria, Tunisia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen are qualified to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: To be deemed eligible, applicants must be born on or between June 1, 1992, and August 31, 1999. No exceptions will be made.
English Language Requirements: Applicants must have command of English is sufficient to take part in the online phase and in-person workshop. The applicant understands English very well; has intermediate to fluent levels of English, which let her/him to participate in the conversation and input.
How to Apply: In order to be considered complete and valid, the application package must include the following and be submitted through the online application system available at apply.unaoc.org:
- An application form, finished and certified by the applicant;
- A copy of the identification page of your international passport.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is August 31, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057