Through this program the Paris Saclay excellence initiative aims to provide highly qualified scientist foreigners with long term stay (from 6 to 12 months) in one of the laboratories within its perimeter. Scientist from all disciplines and all countries are eligible.
Application deadline: 31 march 2017
Offered annually? Yes
Eligible countries international
To be taken at (country) South Korea
About the Award: the content of the project to be developed as well as the duration of the fellowship must be defined before the application in connection with the Paris Saclay reception team.
Two different programs are proposed
- Scholarship “young researchers “for candidates who have obtained their doctorate for less than 10 years
- Scholarship “senior research”
In both cases the 6-12 months visit may be divided into two maximum distinct period of time of at least three months, separated by a maximum of 12 months between the end of the first period and the beginning of the second period
Type: Post-doctoral, research
Eligibility: the content of the project to be developed as well as the duration of the fellowship must be defined before the application in connection with the Paris Saclay reception team.
- Diploma of Doctor (PhD) or equivalent, obtained less than 10 years at the time of application for the Young Researchers program.
- The candidate must have been recruited for a post of researcher, engineer or teacher-researcher at the institution of origin (Tenure track possible).
- Candidates who have resided in France for more than six months at the time of application are not eligible.
- French citizens may apply to the program, provided that their usual place of residence and work has been abroad for at least five years.
- The head of the host laboratory will recruit the chairholder. When applying, the host laboratory must ensure that the age limit for recruitment is not exceeded before the end of the contract.
Selection Criteria: Candidates are selected solely on the basis of the quality of the scientific dossier and the project to be developed:
- Quality of the candidate’s scientific dossier (professional background, impact and originality of the scientific contributions),
- Quality of the proposed project (importance in its field, relevance of the proposed approach, feasibility, resources available in support besides those of the stock exchange, impact expected for the host laboratory and more broadly for Paris-Saclay Terms of training, valorisation or transfer).
Number of Awardees: Not specified
Value of Scholarship: The award includes:
- A monthly salary supplement of € 2600 net for the “young researcher” program and € 3300 net for confirmed researchers,
- Accompanying costs, which may include operating costs necessary for the implementation of the project and, more generally, the costs associated with the temporary establishment of the fellow in the laboratory in France.
The beneficiary will have to be able to benefit, through the host laboratory, from assistance related to the search for housing, the schooling of children, the learning of the French language, etc.
- Scholarship covers whole tuition fee
- Monthly Stipend
How to Apply: An acknowledgment will be sent. Responses will be given approximately one month after the deadline for applications. In all cases, the contract must be signed before December 31, 2017, and the contract end date may not exceed December 31, 2020.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057