Date:Forum will take place from March 12 -19, 2017.
Forum open to: You can apply if you are a young person between the ages of 18 and 28 years old from any part of the world .
Applications are currently invited for the International Development Youth Forum happening in Japan on March 12 – 19, 2017. This forum was founded in 2013, to provide a platform for young people with deep interest in international development to meet each other, understand the situation in other countries, share different ideas, and create output for better society together.
Despite of the great success in 2016, IDYF2017 aims to go beyond that of the previous forum by welcoming many highly motivated youths, who are willing to “design our future” with us in Tokyo, Japan.
In the forum, participants will be divided into 6 teams and each team will analyze one of the case studies and plan solutions. Case studies are as follows:
- Garment Industry in Bangladesh
- Soybean Industry in Brazil
- Cut Flowers Industry in Kenya
- You are eligible to apply if you are between 18 to 28 years old
- Open to individuals who have not participated in previous IDYFs
- You should be fluent in English for discussion and presentations
- You should be able to attend all programs during the forum
If you are selected to participate in IDYF 2017, you will be required to pay 25,000 JPY, which covers your accommodation, meals, and transportation fees during the forum (March 12th to 19th 2017).
- It doesn’t include transportation fees from the airport to the venue, accommodation fee before and after the program, or insurance.
- Optional tour on 19th is not covered.
- Payment details will be announced after the results of the selection.
Scholarship Applications: IDYF 2017 has two separate application types, one for self-funded candidates, and another for scholarship candidates. Note that you cannot apply for both.
Scholarships will be given to only one to three applicants with financial difficulties, which will cover:
- Flight tickets
- Participation fee
Applicants who wish to apply for the scholarship must submit the application form for scholarship applicants, not the one for the self-funded applicants. Those who passed the document screening will be invited to Skype interview.
Please submit online application form by 27 November 2016, 23:59 JST (GMT/UTC +09:00)
Click here to apply
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057