The Commission on Higher Education and the French Embassy is giving CHED-PhilFrance Scholarships for Filipino applicants. The scholarship is offered to faculty and non-teaching staff currently serving in a higher education institution to apply for graduate degree.
The purpose of the scholarship is to strengthen ties between France and Philippines.
The Commission on Higher Education, abbreviated as CHED.
Course Level: The scholarship is awarded to pursue graduate degree.
Study Subject: The scholarship is offered in the fields offered by the university.
Scholarship Award: The scholarship will cover the followings:
- Tuition fees for the entire duration of the chosen program (for state-regulated programs in public universities only)
- Note: Due to a specific agreement made by CHED, Sciences Po, and the French Embassy, CHED will be fully financing the tuition fees for Sciences Po’s graduate degrees on top of the all the other benefits offered by the CHED-PhilFrance Scholarships.
- A living allowance depending on the area of residence
- For Master’s degree candidates:
- Greater Paris area (Région Ile-de-France): €950/month
- Elsewhere: €750/month
- For Ph.D. candidates: €1200/month
- Student and supplementary health care package
- Airfare (one round-trip only) to the city of destination
Numbers of Scholarships: Not specified
Scholarship can be taken in France
Eligibility: Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Be employed by a CHED-recognized Philippine institution of higher learning
- Be a Filipino citizen
- Not be more than 42 years old for applicants to Master’s degree programs and not more than 40 years old for applicants to Doctoral degree programs by the time you begin your degree
- Hold at minimum a Bachelor’s degree (for applicants to Master’s degree programs) or a Master’s degree (for applicants to Doctoral degree programs)
- Demonstrate strong academic record
- Demonstrate knowledge or expertise that would prepare them adequately for successful study and research in a specific graduate program
- Be in good health and of good moral character
- Have no pending criminal charges, and must not have been convicted for violation of any Philippine Law
- Fulfill all the Terms and Conditions of the grant, including a return service obligation
Nationality: Filipino applicants are qualified for the scholarship.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirement: Applicants must have a minimum a Bachelor’s degree (for applicants to Master’s degree programs) or a Master’s degree (for applicants to Doctoral degree programs).
English Language Requirement: Applicants must have proficiency in English.
How to Apply: Applicants can apply through online processor.
- A CV no longer than two pages detailing your academic and professional experience
- An academic essay no longer than 750 words. The choice of formatting and content are left to the candidate, but the essay must state his or her reasons for wanting to study in France and how this experience and degree will benefit Philippine academia.
- NB: Essays exceeding the word limit will be discarded, along with your application. Be advised that we ask for an academic essay, not a cover or motivation letter.
- Certified true copy of academic transcripts
- Letters of acceptance, or proof of application, to degree-awarding programs, issued by the French higher education institution (HEI)
- All documents must be in PDF format except for the essay, which must be submitted as a Word document. Additional documents (such as letters of recommendation) submitted without the Embassy requesting them, will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: The application deadline is October 13, 2017, 4:00 PM.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057