Applications are requested for six full-time HEARD PhD Research Scholarship at the University of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. Citizens of all African countries are qualified to apply for this scholarship programme.
The purpose of our PhD programme is to produce expertly qualified graduates to advise or to be part of influential policy-making or programme implementing entities in Africa.
The University of KwaZulu-Natal or UKZN is a university with five campuses in the province of KwaZulu-Natal in South Africa. It was formed on 1 January 2004 after the merger between the University of Natal and the University of Durban-Westville.
Course Level: Scholarships are open to pursue PhD programme.
Study Subject: Six full-time PhD scholarships are open to students conducting research in one of the following areas:
- Health Systems Strengthening
- Health Economics
- Health Financing
- Unsafe Abortions
- Universal Health Care Financing
- Gender-based Violence
Scholarship Award: Scholarship offers:
- The scholarship will commence in February 2018.
- The value of each scholarship is R 600, 000. It will be paid in equal tranches over three years.
- Tranche payments will be conditional on research progress
- Successful candidates are required to be based in Durban, South Africa, for the duration of the scholarship, with the exception of the time during which they may undertake field research elsewhere.
Number of Scholarships: Six full-time PhD scholarships will be offered.
Scholarship can be taken in Africa
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be qualified for the scholarship:
- Applications are invited from citizens of all African countries.
- Female candidates and, in the case of South Africa, those from previously disadvantaged backgrounds, are especially encouraged to apply.
Nationality: Citizens of all African countries ( Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana,Burkina Faso,Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Ivory Coast, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo,Rwand, Sao Tome and Principe,Senegal,Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia,South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) are qualified to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have their previous degree.
English Language Requirements: Applicants whose first language is not English are usually required to provide evidence of proficiency in English at the higher level required by the University.
How to Apply: Application requirements:
- A letter of motivation
- A four to five-page concept note
- Certified copies of both your academic qualifications and your full academic records. In the case of qualifications obtained from non- English speaking countries, an English translation must be included
- A certified copy of your ID/passport
- An academic letter of reference (ideally two).
- Applications must be submitted by completing this online application form.
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is July 21, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476