The University of Modena and Reggio Emilia (UNIMORE) is giving up to 50 Master’s Degree Scholarships in Languages for Communication in International Enterprises and Organization (LACOM) for the 2017-2018 academic year. Italian and foreign applicants are eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
UNIMORE has a longstanding tradition (it was founded in 1175) and is deemed one of the best universities in Italy for teaching and research. It is ranked 2nd among public universities according to Italy’s leading financial daily, and among the top 8 medium-sized Italian universities by the Times Higher Education Ranking 2011-2012.
Course Level: Scholarships are available only to pursue master degree programme.
Study Subject: Scholarships are awarded in Languages for Communication in International Enterprises and Organization.
Scholarship Award: 5 International students assessed as particularly deserving by the examining board will get a scholarship which will cover the Tuition Fees (stamp duties and regional tax excluded). The aforementioned students will be exempted from the payment of the Tuition Fees of the second year of the Programme (stamp duties and regional tax excluded) if they are able to earn 10 credits within 10 August 2018.
Number of Scholarships: 50 scholarships offered.
Scholarship can be taken in Italy
Eligibility: The following criteria must be met in order for applicants to be eligible for the scholarship:
- a) Eligible Bachelor’s Degree
b) Adequate proficiency in the first and second language of study to be chosen by the student (French, Spanish, English or German): level C1 for the first language and level B2 for the second language according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
c) Comprehensive knowledge of the English language, regardless of the chosen languages of study, as the Programme is taught entirely in English
d) Personal competencies as well as academic and professional background meeting the admission requirements
Nationality: Italian and foreign applicants are also eligible to apply for this scholarship programme.
College Admission Requirement
Entrance Requirements: Applicants must have eligible bachelor’s degree.
English language Requirements: Good knowledge of the English language, regardless of the chosen languages of study, as the Programme is taught entirely in English. Adequate proficiency in the first and second language of study to be indicated by the student (French, Spanish, English or German): level C1 for the first language and level B2 for the second language according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.
How to Apply: Create your account at the website (select the English version of the website) by clicking on the section marked “Registration” to generate your username and password and to be able to access the Restricted Area. Please carefully verify that your email address has been put correctly for any communication. Login and then enter the Restricted Area clicking on the “Application for Evaluation” section of the menu and positively answer the question: “Are you an international student, with a foreign degree, residing abroad, applying for a visa through the Italian Embassy/Consulate?”. Then fill in the application form enclosing the following documents:
- Qualification Certificate. If you have not yet graduated you must indicate the expected graduation date. You must also list the exams passed, grades obtained and any exams you still have to take.
- The copy of the international language certifications, level C1 in the first language of study and B2 in the second language of study or, alternatively a declaration issued by the home University/Department/Language Centre confirming possession of the above-indicated level of language competence. This declaration, drafted on the letterhead of the university, may also be produced in English, French, German, Spanish or Chinese.
- Any other qualifications you want to have assessed for the purposes of admission (e.g. internships, short vocational masters, specialisation courses, curriculum vitae etc.).
- Reference letter (preferably produced by a university professor) that must be enclosed to the online application.
The following documents have to be submitted:
- Bachelor’s degree, translated and legalized by the Italian Embassy/Consulate
- Declaration of value of the bachelor’s degree issued by the Italian Embassy/Consulate
- Degree certificate/Transcript, issued by the home University (in English, French, Spanish, German or Chinese)
- Copy of the receipt issued by the post office confirming that the candidate’s application for a permit of stay has been submitted – Passport
- One passport size photo
Application Deadline: Scholarship application deadline is June 30, 2017.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057