The University of Bradford Global Development Scholarship is currently offering designated scholarships to international students who are experiencing various forms of financial hardship due to political, war, natural disaster crises.
Accepted Courses: Full-time Master’s degree programs (except MBA) will be offered at the University of Bradford.
The University of Bradford Global Development scholarships is to aid students in financial hardship due to the fact that they are domiciled in a country that is in crisis as a result of the political situation, war, natural disaster etc. The scholarship is available for students on full time Master’s programmes (not MBA) based at the University of Bradford. Students must be self funded.
You no longer need to have secured an offer to study at Bradford before you apply for this scholarship. However you must already have completed your undergraduate degree and know your results to be able to apply.
Scholarship Type: This scholarships are full scholarships covering all expenses.
- Only students from the countries listed below are allowed to apply for these scholarships. However in extreme circumstances applications from students from other countries might be considered by the panel.
- However, note that students from Pakistan will be considered under the Bestway Foundation Scholarship Scheme.
- To be considered for a place on our Master’s courses you will need to have achieved (or be about to achieve) the minimum level of degree qualification specified for your country (below).
- You will be required to meet the English Language requirements.
Scholarships awards: Several scholarships
Note that the full tuition fees and accommodation in The Green will be covered plus £4,200 per annum living costs to be paid in three installments – October, January and April. Each scholarship is approximately £25,000.
Duration of Scholarship: For the entire duration period of the masters programme
Eligible African Countries:
Angola, Burundi, Cameroon, Central African Republic, Chad, Congo, Democratic Republic of Congo, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Guinea, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mauritania, Mozambique, Niger, Sierra Leone, Somalia, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe,Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Colombia, Georgia, Haiti, Honduras, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Democratic People’s Republic of Korea, Lebanon, Maldives, Myanmar, Nepal, Occupied Palestinian Territory, Pakistan, Russia (North Caucasus), Sri Lanka, Syrian Arab Republic, United Republic of Timor-Leste
All completed application forms must be received by the 13th of May 2016
How to Apply
The application form is found below. Note that if you have already received an admission offer to study with the University, please include your University of Bradford admission number on the form .
Tips for a successful application from the scholarship panel
- Applicants should articulate how the situation in their country affects them personally. Don’t just describe the situation in your country.
- They will also be required to write a full and detailed personal statement . Do well to remember that the Scholarship panel will only have your form to by which to judge your application so try to put as much relevant information in there as possible. We may request evidence from you at a later date if your application is short listed.
- Avoid focusing solely on your academic qualifications unless it is relevant to your application.
For more info, visit here for more info