The Nigerian LNG is currently awarding postgraduate scholarships to diligent Nigerians who intend to pursue their studies in the United Kingdom. This scholarship is targeted at supporting the emergence of indigenous professionals experts or entrepreneurs, but not exclusively, within the oil and gas industry. This program was officially launched in October 2012 and a lot of Nigerians have benefited from it since then.
In order to be eligible for this scholarship, applicants must meet the following conditions:
- Applicants should have applied for admission into a UK university and received an admission offer in any of the following programs: Engineering, Geosciences, Environmental Sciences, Management Sciences, Medicine, Information Technology and Law.
- Applicants should have a minimum of 2nd Class Upper degree in a relevant field of study.
- Must have attended and completed the National Youth Service Corp programme.
- Applicants should not be more than 30 years of age.
- Applicants must be Nigerian nationals resident in Nigeria
- Should provide identification documents from their Local Government Areas.
- Should possess an international passport valid for travel at least one year from September 2016.
- Should provide evidence that they are available to travel in September 2016 if selected.
- Not be a spouse, child nor ward of staff of Nigeria LNG Limited
Participating UK Institutions
The following universities in the UK are licensed and selected to participate in this scholarship program:
- University of Aberdeen,
- University of Cranfield,
- University of Leeds,
- University of Strathclyde, and
- University of Liverpool.
Fields of study
The following are the approved fields of study:
Geosciences (Geophysics, Geology)
- Engineering (Petroleum Engineering, Oil and Gas Engineering, Petrochemical Engineering, Subsea Engineering, Chemical Engineering)
- Law (the various specialist areas)
- Medicine (the various specialist areas)
- Environmental Studies
- Management Sciences (Economics, Accountancy, Banking & Finance)
- Information Technology
Please note that scholars will NOT be allowed to work during their studies. They will be required to concentrate on completing their studies during the specified time duration and return home. However, engaging in course related internships are encouraged during the course of study where appropriate.
This is a fully funded Scholarship as such expenses such as tuition fees, a monthly stipend towards your living expenses will be catered for. The scholarship is valued at between $60,000 and $69,000, depending on the course.
How to apply
The mode of application is online. Applicants must fill in the application forms completely and correctly. Visit the scholarship page and click on Apply here for 2016 PG Scholarship to start. If you are having issues with the online registration form, please note:
- Username must be all CAPS
- Password must contain, CAPITAL LETTER, small letter, num3ric, and any of these(-.,/*).
Click here to contact the scholarship provider for more information on how to apply.
Submit all scholarship application materials on or before Sunday, 19th June, 2016. Applications received after this date will not be accepted or processed.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057