The McGill University, Canada is offering MasterCard Foundation Scholarships under the University’s free scholarship scheme. Undergraduate and postgraduate students (Sub Saharan Africans) interested in studying free in Canada are encouraged to avail themselves of this opportunity.
Development related courses – please reach out to the University for details on this.
Info on the Scholarship
McGill University in partnership with The MasterCard Foundation is pleased to announced the kickoff of theMasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University for the 2016-2017 academic year. This prestigious scholarship scheme will recognize and reward students who are residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries (including French-speaking students), who come from the most challenged socioeconomic backgrounds and who show outstanding academic and leadership abilities.
*Before applying for the MasterCard Scholarship, you must ensure you have qualified academically for admission to McGill University. Please note that admission to McGill is super competitive.
- Please note that you must be a first-time applicant to the university (note that transfer applicants ineligible to apply).
- You must be a resident and citizen of a Sub-Saharan African country. French-speaking applicants are encouraged to apply.
- Note that to stand a good chance of getting accepted into the scholars program, you must possess exceptional record of service and extracurricular activity in your school and/or community.
- You must have the potential for meaningful future service to your community as a leader engaged in dynamic local and global social change.
- Your financial status must be in the lowest two quintiles of your country.
Admission to McGill University
- Academic achievement and potential – academic admissibility is determined based on the applicant’s academic record.
Acceptance to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
- You must demonstrate an exceptional record of service and leadership in your school and/or your community. This may include organizing youth programs, assuming leadership roles in school activities, participating in clubs and teams, taking on responsibilities at home, advocacy and/or volunteering in your community.
- You must be committed to returning to Africa after graduation to continue to give back to your community and country.
- You must be from a low-income background. Your financial status will be verified.
To be considered for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill University, you must demonstrate academic potential, exceptional records of service and activity in your schools and communities and/or the potential for meaningful community service through engagement as leaders in dynamic local and global social change efforts.
Number of Scholarships: Over the next ten years, McGill will welcome 67 MasterCard Foundation Scholars at the undergraduate level and another 24 at the Master’s level, for a total of 91.
Value of Scholarship: The MasterCard Foundation Scholars at McGill will receive a holistic set of financial, social, and academic supports throughout their education and during their post-graduate transitions.
Duration of Scholarship: for the four years duration of the undergraduate degree
Eligible Countries: Sub-Saharan African countries
To be taken at (country): McGill University Canada
Application Deadline: The deadline for your application for admission to McGill University is December 10, 2015, and all supporting documents must be received by January 5, 2016.
Offered annually? Yes for the next 10 years
How to Apply
To apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program, you must submit an online application for admission to McGill University.
Because applicants to The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program do not have to pay the $102.20 application fee, you must follow a special application procedure. You will find detailed instructions on this special procedure, and complete information about applying to McGill as a MasterCard Foundation Scholar, from link below
For more information on how to apply for the The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at McGill visit Scholarship webpage
Related Posts :
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2347037293057