UNDERGRADUATE ELIGIBILITY AND SELECTION CRITERIA
The scholarship program is for residents and citizens of Sub-Saharan African countries. Please note that students who will be applying should be first-time applicants to MSU. Transfer students should not apply for the scholarship program.
- Excellent academic grades to date in secondary school proving strong readiness to succeed academically as an undergraduate student.
- An interest in and capacity for give-back, evidenced by commitment and engagement outside the classroom in the school and/or community.
- Manifest ethical behavior and strong character essential to joining The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Network.
- Applicants must demonstrate ability to deal with change, uncertainty, and adversity, as well as interest in other countries and cultures, necessary to succeed as a student overseas and represent one’s home country in this role.
- Significant financial need and/or from lowest income bracket in country of origin.
- Applicants must demonstrate Commitment to give back in ways that enhance the economic growth and social development of Africa.
DOWNLOAD SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORMS
- APPLICATION FORM, DUE JANUARY 4, 2016
- RECOMMENDATION FORM, DUE JANUARY 4, 2016
- FAMILY BACKGROUND FORM, DUE JANUARY 4, 2016
- In order to apply for The MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Michigan State University, you MUST also apply to MSU and arrange to have required test scores and supporting materials sent to the University.
IMPORTANT: Be sure to save your Applicant ID and password during the MSU application process. You will need your Applicant ID to complete the MCF Scholarship Application.
- Students must be admitted to Michigan State University to be considered for this scholarship. To maximize consideration, apply early and ensure that the University receives all required admission application materials and test scores byJanuary 4, 2016. To monitor the status of your application for admission you can log in to your personalized admissions portal at msu.eduwith your MSU Applicant ID and password.
- Complete this scholarship application and upload it electronically via your online admissions portal no later thanJanuary 4, 2016. You may submit the scholarship application at the same time as your MSU application. If you are submitting a hand-written scholarship application, you should ensure the document and scanned copy are clearly legible. Fill out this application with as much detail as possible. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Provide a copy of theMCF RECOMMENDATION FORM to an appropriate individual per the form instructions. Have your recommender complete this form and email it as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than January 4, 2016.
- Please select someone other than a family member who knows you well andCAN CONFIDENTLY SPEAK TO YOUR FAMILY’S ECONOMIC CIRCUMSTANCES to complete the Family Background Form. Be sure to select someone whom we can contact in order to ensure your eligibility.
OVERALL TIMELINE (FOR AUGUST 2016 INTAKE):
|JANUARY 4, 2016||Application for admission and all supporting academic materials (official transcripts, mark sheets, external exams, test scores) received by MSU|
|JANUARY 4, 2016||Submission deadline for MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at MSU Undergraduate Scholarship Application and Recommender Form|
|MARCH 2016||Finalist Interviews|
|APRIL 1, 2016||Notification of Scholarship Status|
|MAY 1, 2016||Awardee decision due date|
Please email further inquiries regarding this scholarship to email@example.com.
To apply visit:msu.edu.
For more enquiries about admissions into universities abroad, send an email to Jonah@studyabroad365.com or call +2348125835476